Tribute to Cher

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Dang! When was this cut? Any tours or CDs with this line-up? The Anderson-Barre travelling duet with pickup band got a little tiresome.

Was it Ian or Glen who flashed his hash on the audience? That tops Steve Marriott spitting on the audience about every ten seconds.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I don't remember JT very well. They were one of my faves, but it's just been Anderson and Barre with their sidemen ofthe week for decades.

The only thing I remember is that Barre wasn't on the first album. And I remember that lefty bassist, but I think he was on only one album, the second or third.

At any rate, an acoustic is something to look forward too.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The lefty is playing a 6 string, Darryl.

I can only conclude that it's some geezer who filled in between Mick Abrahams' leaving, and Martin Barre's arrival.

Isn't Barre a serendipitous name for a guitarist !

Incidentally, if you're an early Fleetwood Mac fan, you'll be fascinated to know that Glen Cornick married Judy Wong from the FM circus.

Kap'n

Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Wait a minute !!

I'm pretty sure Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) played, albeit briefly, with JT.

Yes he did. I think he was only with them a few weeks. He shows up in the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus, but isn't actually heard - the tracks were recorded separately.

Duh, just read the comments on YouTube. Yes it's him, it's the Rock and Roll Circus footage.

Back to the Ranconteurs. I saw the bass player and drummer a couple of years ago, as members of the Greenhornes. They were pretty good live. Sort of sounded like the Stooges.