1973 Bluesbird M-75 GS

jerrymac

Reaction score
Here's a photo of my new old 'bird:

[img:417:452]http://home.earthlink.net/~jkmcleer/Guitars/bluesbird.jpg[/img]

EMGs??? Oh well, you can't have everything. I have a Guild 'bucker on the way (no cover), and for now I'm going to put a Duncan '59 in the neck position.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Is that the one we had going in an ebay thread recently?

jerrymac

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Is that the one we had going in an ebay thread recently?

Could be, I didn't see the thread. Do you remember the subject line, I just looked quickly and couldn't find it.

Anyway, she's a winner. Great neck, pretty good shape.

jerrymac

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
The ebay listing has been removed already, but here's the thread.

I believe that was the one. He had listed it, it was removed from eBay because of the Les Paul reference, and then relisted.

I was actually looking at a different one, almost identical except for the EMGs. This one was going off the day before, and I got it for $150 lower than the other one's opening bid. The other one didn't have original pickups either, I think it had a Schaller and some other open coil. It's funny, you see non original pups, you say why'd they do that??? You see EMGs, you cringe. At least the guy didn't carve a hole for the battery in the back!!!

It's in real good shape, plays great. Little buckle rash on the back, that's about it. I buy vintage guitars to play, not to collect, so it doesn't have to be cosmetically perfect. In fact, I kinda like old guitars to show their age. But a small mark on a new guitar would drive me crazy!!! funny!!!