DeArmond M-65

jerrymac

Reaction score
SugarMountain said:
150 squid??, deal or no deal!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DeARMOND-M-65C-SU ... dZViewItem

anyone have one?

I'm not sure if 150 squid is a lot of money, but I would say no deal. If i remember correctly, it has a bolt-on neck, does not have the USA Goldtone pickups, and is made in Indonesia (I think) not Korea. The 70 series are nice guitars, set necks, Goldtones, Crafted in Korea:

M-70 Solid Mahogany body, flat top, no binding
M-72 Chambered Mahogany body with maple cap, binding, flat top
M-75 Chambered Mahogany (?) body with maple top, binding, arch top, harp tailpiece
M-77 Chambered agathis body with maple top, binding, arch top, stop tailpiece

There's also a a M-75T & a M-77T which have single coil USA DeArmond 2K pickups with a Bigsby style trem. At one time or another, I've had a 70, 72, 75T & a 77T. I liked the M-72 best. Hope that helps.

dklsplace

Reaction score
On the other hand, if bidding goes no where you could nab it for much less & have a decent platform to mod to your liking without care of screwing up a nice guitar.

SugarMountain

Reaction score
150 quid is i guess 300 dollars, in guitar terms 150 would get you a squier and thats about it so it seems cheap, then again..might be a crap axe

personally i like Bolt on necks, cos you cant break em. but perhaps i should hold out the the 70s series

dklsplace

Reaction score
M-65's are lucky to get $100 here in the states.

SugarMountain

Reaction score
same with every guitar though, i remember reading ben kweller on his site saying how he spent 1,500 dollars on his J45 and how he had never spent that much money on a guitar

now thats about 750 pound right, and a '66 J45 in the cherry sunburst like his, ive seen for 2,000-3,000 pound over here (6000 dollars!)

and Hummingbirds over here are usually like 4,000

now i bet you can get a hummingbird in the states for less then 8,000 dollars right??

im not sure if its just as there is more instruments over there, or if perhaps its all relative to the cost of living etc and infact it works out about them same