Guild X500 T

thumbpicker

Reaction score
Have a X500T from last year of Westerly factory. It's a sunburst with the Bigsby and two seymour duncan P90's with the black dog ear covers. The guitar is mint. Wondering what value there is on it. Can't find any info on this model. Any thoughts. Thanks.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
thumbpicker said:
Have a X500T from last year of Westerly factory. It's a sunburst with the Bigsby and two seymour duncan P90's with the black dog ear covers. The guitar is mint. Wondering what value there is on it. Can't find any info on this model. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Hello thumbpicker,

An X-500T from the Westerly factory should be at least 5 years old, but it is very well possible that you bought it last year. If you give me the serial number, I should be able to tell you when exactly it was built.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
thumbpicker said:
Hans,
serial no. AK500056

Thanks

Hello again thumbpicker,

OK, I got it! You meant that you had an X-500T from THE last year of the Westerly factory! Well, actually your X-500T is from the year 2000. The last year was 2001.

As far as the value is concerned,
I don't do appraisals for guitars I'm not actually holding in my hands but I can tell you this:

At that time ( year 2000) this version of the X-500T retailed for $ 3299.99 incl. the hard shell case. New guitars can usually be bought at 40% off retail, which would be about $ 2000.00. Since this guitar is not available anymore nobody could use that (discount) price against you if you were going to sell it. So, with that knowledge you could decide for yourself what you should ask for this guitar. Obviously the cosmetical condition plays a role as well and if you were going to insure it you should definitely use the original retail price, because you probably would not be able to replace it for less.

Good luck!

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
TP,

I can't find it in the Vintage Guitar Price Guide. But since that is a rare guitar and a great guitar, you might get quite a lot for it--more than what the x 500 gets.