Anyone have buy/sell experience on archtop.com?

john_kidder

Reaction score
I've never done business with them, but I review the site a couple of times a week. Great guitars and gear, loads of useful information (I refer sellers to their "Shipping" page all the time), and wonderful references from clients.

Sure look like the real deal to me.

gretschbigsby

Reaction score
I've sold two guitars through him... both sold fast at top dollar.

He does, however, charge a pretty penny for "set up" work... I had one guitar worked on by a noted vintage repair guy, and Joe still found over $200 in set up work to be done. Still, he does a great job selling the guitar and is very easy to deal with...

As a buyer, I'd say his prices are toward the high end, but he has a great inventory and knows his stuff.

I'd recommend him.

Bob

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hi guildzilla - I mentioned http://www.archtop.com in a thread under "Links" last week - they seem like a very reputable site. I check them out all the time - great eye candy! I emailed them with questions about a Guild a while back, and they were very helpful. I did not buy the guitar, however. I'd say gretchbigsby is correct - high end, but quality stuff.

walrus

ave del noche

Reaction score
I personally had a very bad experience with them. Without going into detail, they didn't honor the policies stated clearly on their site. I'm sure that not everyone has had the same experience I did or they wouldn't be in business, but since you asked... Most places are just fine when things go smoothly, but what separates a good dealer from an average or bad one is how they handle it when things don't go perfectly. They handled it very poorly and I would not recommend them.