Dearmond M-75T pots question

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hey all. First post to this fine group. Just got this Dearmond M-75T, and a mighty interesting guitar it is. Wondering about the pots. They seem to work OK, but depending on the amp, the neck p/u can be a little bassy. So tone on that pickup all the way up. still looking for a little more treble. Not a showstopper ... I've been able to adjust to amp to compensate. The bridge p/u is somewhat brighter.

Wondering if swapping out the pot or changing cap value could affect this. BTW: this thing thunders on slide in open E. Never saw such a whole lot of guitar for such a small price. I am much impressed.

Reaction score
Before you change pots etc, try this: Simply disconnect the neck tone control wires. I did it to my 75-T and it solved the same problem instantly. The neck tone in many cases is pretty redundant - how often do you want to make the neck pickup sound 'darker'!? It's now one of the most pleasant neck tones I've experienced.

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I did end up getting new, upgraded pots installed on the M75T. Big difference. The sound seems clearer when anything is rolled off. The tone knobs are also fully useable now. Stock ones had effect in the top thiird or so of rotation, nothing below.

My tech also put a treble bleed cap on the neck p/u. Still getting to know this one. finally, he lowered the neck pole pieces. I had them up to high. The changes add up to much better sound on stage. Clearer on the neck and middle positions. He also did a set up. It now plays better too. this guitar sounds so good, I'm thinking of refretting it. As good as it plays now, it could be better. With sound as good as this, I think the investment is warranted. I'll end up with more spent on mods than on the guitar originally, but what the hell. It's already one of the best slide guitars I've ever played ... would love to make this one playable enough to be my main guitar.