The "Sisters" are back!!!

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
This guy keeps fishing for his suckers....and he will find them. I say yes that price is too high by about $1500.00. He is calling them Cherry Sun Burst, but that is no sun burst. He also has quit bragging about who he says the former owners were. I might consider them BOTH for $2500.00!!!

He keeps bragging about the low serial numbers and from a pure collectors stand that is worth something but I prefer anything I buy to be middle to late in a production run. Early products (car, computer, Plasma tv....) are still working the bugs out early and to my mind that is the same with guitars.

Stevo

Reaction score
Early Westerly serial numbers might have a collectors appeal, but these must be from the Corona production run?. My Westerly BB is CL000545 and has the black p/u surrounds whereas these have the white plastic surrounds that were introduced later. These standard AA top Corona birds change hands for $1000 so yeah, well overpriced!

Steve

LeBlaze

Reaction score
Bluesbird sisters dating

I asked the seller, the Alpha designator (prefix) to these serial numbers is CM. This indicates that these were built after 1996.
Fender kept production in Westerly until Aug 2001 (Thanks Hans!) then moved Guild operations to CA.
So, it's possible these were made in the Westerly factory.

LeBlaze