Photos of custom color 1976 M80

SledDawg

Reaction score
I have posted some pics of my friend's custom color M80 that I cleaned up. They are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ChetsPick/GuildM80

Hard to get a good representation of the color with inside lighting and flash... The headstock and back plate pics come closest to the real color, which is a sort of yellowish cream - not white. It's hard to imagine that it was ever really white - I took off the trussrod cover and it's easy to see the original, unfaded color, which is not too much different really.

My friend has had this guitar for 15 years or so. He never plays it. :(
He told me he traded a Dan Armstrong Lucite guitar for it (I think he was big Faces fan, and Ron Wood played one of those in Faces back in the day...)

My friend said when he got this guitar it had a weird reddish stain on the upper bout which was faintly visible when I cleaned it. Maybe the guy my friend got it from (he said he was the original owner, so maybe he ordered the color as well...) regularly wore some red stage clothes? I could easily imagine a disco-era band with everybody in red costumes, with cool white guitars, right? 8) Maybe there's a companion bass somewhere!

This guitar plays great and sounds amazing. I hope I can convince him to sell it to me!

SledDawg

Reaction score
Hans,

Ah, ok, guess I read the serial # list wrong... will change in the notations.

Thanks!

dave g