S-200 Thunderbirds

Reaction score
OK, so I thought I knew a little about my favorite solid body but these tidbits I never heard before - I leave it to you experts (Hans) to comment.

1. Fairly widely known that Muddy Waters played one. In fact, I believe it's in the R&R HOF. Never knew that there was another player in his band that ALSO played one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bQKKrpj0E

2. April '07 issue of VG p. 28 one page article about John Sebastian. Also well known that Zal Yanovsky of the Lovin' Spoonful played the Thunderbird. But the article quotes John Sebastian saying that HE owned one as well (unless he was referring to Zal's). Of course, the accuracy of VG regarding Thunderbirds has been rather, shall we say, spotty, this past year, so who knows. Anyway, might there have been another band with TWO of these guitars?

matsickma

Reaction score
On page 44 of Hans book is a picture of the Muddy Waters Band with Muddy Waters. You can see Muddy with his "Mickey Mouse" single coil Thunderbird, his lead guitar player with a humbucker Thunderbird, the rhythm player with a Starfire 5 and the bass player with a Starfire Bass with large single-coil neck pickup by Hagstrom.