Bluesbird (M75) Emergency. Help!

Mr. Chet

Reaction score
Yesterday I was playing my M75. I was liking the heck out of the SD '59 (B) and Jazz (N) pups I just installed. :D Then "baaliing" and something gold colored went flying across the room and the "g" string went dead. :shock: At first I thought it broke, but it was still there. What happened is the roller, block, adjustment screw and spring on the bridge went flying. :( After about an hour of crawling around the carpet, I found the roller and block still together. The screw and spring are still missing. I checked again today and still can't find them. Any way or where to get replacements? :? The ones I had where gold, but nickle or chrome will do. Thanks for your help.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Mr. Chet said:
Any way or where to get replacements? The ones I had where gold, but nickle or chrome will do. Thanks for your help.

Hello Mr. Chet,

Which Bluesbird M-75 are we talking about? The solid body one from the '70s?

If you can't find anyone to help you out over there, just send me an e-mail.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Mr. Chet

Reaction score
Yes, it is an early '70's (73 or 74, the p/ups are dated Oct 73 and Dec 73) solid body. Will I have to change the bridge? or can I just get a xx/xx screw at the corner hardware store?

Any help?

Mr. Chet

Reaction score
Hans Saves the Day!

A small package from Breda, Netherlands, arrived two days ago. Hans sent me 2 screws and 2 springs for the Guild M75 bridge. Emergency surgery is completed. The "patient" is fully recovered. All is well again. What a great guitar! I'm smilling :lol:

Thanks a million, Hans!

Mr. Chet

Reaction score
Hans,

Between now and Saturday I'll have some mail on the way to you. I'm out of hospital and off antibiotics and much beter than last week. Thanks again!