Just got this email...

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the damage is minimal.

This just in from Reuters.

GEORGE W. BUSH PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY DESTROYED BY FLOOD

Crawford, Texas (AP) -- March 23, 2007

A tragic flood this morning destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. The flood began in the presidential bathroom where both of the books were kept. Both of the books have been lost.

A presidential spokesperson said the president was devastated, as he had almost finished coloring the second one.

The White House tried to call FEMA, but there was no answer.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I understand he's having Alberto Gonzalez handle the insurance paperwork as soon as Al gets back from testifying on Capital Hill where he doesn't have to tell the truth and nobody writes down what he says anyway.

Good morning Graham; 74 deg (f), 56% humidity, mostly sunny, winds light and variable

I thought about resisting until I remembered the two cars with Ontario tags in the prime parking spaces at Starbucks this morning...

An offer: the Leafs take our Prez, we pick up his salary, and we get the weakest player on the Leafs' minor league disabled list...

regards,
J

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey John, thanks for the weather report, you know how us Canucks love to talk weather.

3 C (38f), rel hum 87%, winds NE 17kmph all in all not a bad start to spring.

As for the trade, we'll take it. Thankfully the Prez doesn't go anywhere without the secret service guys and I'm sure they can skate better than that pylon Hal Gill.

The best thing about the game last night was listening to Joe Bowen call it. At times he sounded like Danny Kaye when Raycroft flubbed the puck behind the net, again

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Sometimes giving the game away is better; it allows the losers to say: "you didn't beat us, we gave you the game..." A 50/50 record down the stretch though...I guess several Secret Service guys in sunglasses and street shoes standing around on the ice watching the crowd might help by occasionally getting in someone's way.

I haven't followed the game much since Rod Langway's days with the Caps in the 1980s; pretty impressive individual and athlete. Not long after he retired, a couple of Caps were called for 'high-sticking' with a (willing) female teenager in a limo outside a nightclub at 2 in the morning.

The DC Metro area isn't prudish; it just wasn't a strong hockey town to begin with and the area tended to hold its athletes to higher standards than its politicians...like Bill C. scoring inside the mouth of the goal.

As you know, the Rules Committee met in extended session, hired a referee to check the re-play, and they concluded the goal should be allowed under the 'Do We Dare Call The Kettle Black' Rule.

Don't Canadian pols slip and fall too?

best regards,
J

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
I guess several Secret Service guys in sunglasses and street shoes standing around on the ice watching the crowd might help by occasionally getting in someone's way. That is the Leaf team, they didn't bring their skates.

I haven't followed the game much since Rod Langway's days with the Caps in the 1980s; pretty impressive individual and athlete. Not long after he retired, a couple of Caps were called for 'high-sticking' with a (willing) female teenager in a limo outside a nightclub at 2 in the morning. That must have been the one that opened the flood gates huh?

The DC Metro area isn't prudish; it just wasn't a strong hockey town to begin with and the area tended to hold its athletes to higher standards than its politicians...like Bill C. scoring inside the mouth of the goal. At least the athletes have lived up to their part of the bargain.

As you know, the Rules Committee met in extended session, hired a referee to check the re-play, and they concluded the goal should be allowed under the 'Do We Dare Call The Kettle Black' Rule.

Don't Canadian pols slip and fall too? Sometimes, though they do try to grab onto something on the way down. [IMG:476:337]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r126/Graham_61/Misc/chretien-strangle.jpg[/img]

best regards,
J

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
capnjuan said:
I guess several Secret Service guys in sunglasses and street shoes standing around on the ice watching the crowd might help by occasionally getting in someone's way. That is the Leaf team, they didn't bring their skates. I got it now; the Leafs were the guys with no numbers on their jackets

I haven't followed the game much since Rod Langway's days with the Caps in the 1980s; pretty impressive individual and athlete. Not long after he retired, a couple of Caps were called for 'high-sticking' with a (willing) female teenager in a limo outside a nightclub at 2 in the morning. That must have been the one that opened the flood gates huh? It's widely understood here that the floodgates were opened by Geo Washington (self-dealing, conflict of interest) and Thos Jefferson (strong appetite for brown sugar)...about when ESPN started keeping records.

The DC Metro area isn't prudish; it just wasn't a strong hockey town to begin with and the area tended to hold its athletes to higher standards than its politicians...like Bill C. scoring inside the mouth of the goal. At least the athletes have lived up to their part of the bargain. Yes, as have house-painters and dept store clerks; new lows in the personal deportment of US politicians can be expected any day now.

Don't Canadian pols slip and fall too? Sometimes, though they do try to grab onto something on the way down. [IMG:476:337]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r126/Graham_61/Misc/chretien-strangle.jpg[/img] I see...thanks for the reassurance.best regards,
J

Make that Warm Regards,

John

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I agree that Bush is a lightweight who has pursued some of the worst policies in history. But the people who dreamed it all up are highly educated and highly intelligent. It's amazing how foolish the smart people can be. A lot of unsuccessful Presidents were smart--Carter, Nixon, Hoover, etc. And Truman was no genius but was pretty good, apparently. In general, the smart Presidents have probably been better, but I don't see much correlation between what your job is, your race, your nation, your sex etc and whether or not you are a good citizen in some way. MLK and Al Sharpton had the same race and job, but Sharpton is a sociopathic gas bag. Ted Kennedy is a killer. Rush Limburger and Rosie O'Donnell should both be muzzled. All imho of course.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I think the only 'correlation' is that the more conventional a person's walk of life is, the more likely they are to behave with some sense of personal dignity. In (US) society the greater a person's public visibility, the more likely we are to find out about their boo-boos; all the rest of it is just relentless publicity.

Didn't intend to pick too hard on GWB although it's okay w/ me if Les Canuckquois swing away. GWB strikes me as an average guy in a tough spot regardless of how he got there.

However, I haven't heard yet from the Maple Leafs' front office...still hoping we can get something worked out......what the hell, maybe GWB would like a change of scenery. If I was in his place, I think I would.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
However, I haven't heard yet from the Maple Leafs' front office...still hoping we can get something worked out......what the hell, maybe GWB would like a change of scenery. If I was in his place, I think I would.

Sorry capn, I think the fax lines got crossed. He definately looks ready for the Marlins.

GWB.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yes, that's him at his recent spring training try-out. That's also him Balking; the foot must stay in contact with the prophylactic, oops, make that the rubber until the ball is released.

Looks like the Leafs are going to top the Bruins without him anyway.

cj

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Rosie O'Donnell should be muzzled.

I'd sooner see her lobotomized. Network needs ratings ? ,broadcast the procedure live on daytime tv. Or have Barbara Walters do a series on spanking. I'd tune in to see Barbara spanked.