Guild G-500

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Anyone know anything about this amp? I just got one on Ebay inexpensively.... a TOTAL impulse purchase as I was browsing the Guild brand.

I figured, what the heck, it's a Guild, local seller, low price, yadda yadda yadda.... I see the G-700 is an acoustic amp, which I assume this is also, but I couldn't find anything on the G-500 via Google. Any info whatsoever would be appreciated. I have no clue what I have here.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Yep, it's an acoustic amp. Made for Guild by Randall. You usually see them with the solid oak cabinet, but I'm thinking I saw the one you just picked up. Sort of a grayish tolex isn't it?

Not a bad amp & a nice addition for the right price. Nothing really stellar though. I've owned a couple of the Randall made acoustic amps over the past couple years & let them both go cause they just didn't do much for me.

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
dklsplace said:
Yep, it's an acoustic amp. Made for Guild by Randall. You usually see them with the solid oak cabinet, but I'm thinking I saw the one you just picked up. Sort of a grayish tolex isn't it?

Not a bad amp & a nice addition for the right price. Nothing really stellar though. I've owned a couple of the Randall made acoustic amps over the past couple years & let them both go cause they just didn't do much for me.

Thanks, Don. Yeah, sounds like the one you spotted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0105711558

I'll probably pick it up on Monday since I'm heading to NC early tomorrow for the rest of the week. Right now I'm playing acoustic through a Fender Champ & a 2x12 so this could be fun to mess around with.

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Got to admit I'm digging this amp after putting it through the paces with my D25 earlier tonight. It's got some humming going on, but I don't really care because it's not overpowering. It's fun to play through this with some light Chorus, etc. Seemingly not a bad deal at all for 100 bucks.

If anyone has any idea when these were made or any other sources for info on them, I'd be interested. I really have no idea how old this is.