Bluesbird Age and Value

Reaction score
Hi All:

I'm new to this forum and have a question about my Bluesbird. The serial number is CL002081 and I believe it is called a "10 Top". Based upon the serial number, does anyone know when it was made? It is made in the USA. Also, this guitar has a factory installed pickguard. All of the ones I have looked at on ebay have no pickguard. My guitar is in pristine condition with no dings or scratches. What is its approximate value? Thanks in advance for any help.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Bluesbird Age

sixstring78 said:
Hi All:

I'm new to this forum and have a question about my Bluesbird. The serial number is CL002081 and I believe it is called a "10 Top". Based upon the serial number, does anyone know when it was made? It is made in the USA. Also, this guitar has a factory installed pickguard. All of the ones I have looked at on ebay have no pickguard.

Hello sixstring78,

Your Bluesbird is from the year 2000. The proper designation for a Guild Bluesbird with the optional 'flame maple' top would be a 'Bluesbird AAA'.
A '10 Top' is what they call them at PRS Guitars.
Even though you might have an original pickguard, it was not installed at the factory. By 2000 the pickguards were shipped in the case with the paperwork, but they were not mounted.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
Hans:

Thanks for the info. Now that you have mentioned it, I do recall something about a AAA top. When did Fender own Guild? Is my guitar during this Fender era? If so, does it make it more or less valueable? Thanks again.

Dan

Reaction score
sixstring78 said:
Hans:

Thanks for the info. Now that you have mentioned it, I do recall something about a AAA top. When did Fender own Guild? Is my guitar during this Fender era? If so, does it make it more or less valueable? Thanks again.

Dan

Fender aquired Guild in 1995 even though they didn't close down the Westerly plant until around 2002. Hans knows all the facts better than myself. It doesn't make your guitar any less valuable IMHO but some fanatics would rather have pre 1995. I own 2 Blues Birds, an X-500 & an X180 all made in the Fender Corona factory. They are excellent, IMHO. I'm assuming that alot of the stock was just moved across country & then assembled in CA. Many of their accoutics hit Ebay w/ bad laquer cracks & were sold w/o any warranty & also were given a new serial #. Many of the accoustics came ot w/o problems & some are owned by folks on this forum.