Bluesbird Pickguard

Reaction score
I just bought a 2000 Cherry Burst Guild Bluesbird from Guitar Center. The Guitar came with a pickguard that was also in the cherry burst motiff. In correspondence with Hans Moust I was able to find out that Guild did not mount pickguards at that point but they included them with the guitar. Although I have never seen one with a cherry burst motiff. Well I almost did not buy the guitar as I am a perfertionist and did not want one with a pickguard that was not standard and that was not mounted by Guild. But I purchased it anyway and when it came the pickguard (that was mounted nicely) was cracked veritcally in half. Does anyone out there in Guildland know where I can purchase a cream pickguard (to match the pickup rings) for my bluesbird. By the way this guitar plays and sounds better than anyother guitar that I have played or owned.

guildzilla

Reaction score
Honestly, it seems rare to find these pickguards. They are almost never mounted on the Bluesbirds you see of e-Bay (I can remember one out of maybe 85 I've seen on there) and never mentioned in item descriptions or included in the sales, so far as I can recall.

I'm sure other guys on here have them, but I wonder where they all went and find it quite odd that so many original owners would have kept the pickguards when they sold the guitars.

That said, if you search the internet and provide specs and size, there are lots of companies that will make you a cream pickguard to fit your bracket.

hideglue

Reaction score
LouisW1959 said:
I just bought a 2000 Cherry Burst Guild Bluesbird ....

.... I was able to find out that Guild did not mount pickguards at that point but they included them with the guitar. ....

Louis,
I'm nearly certain that by 2000, Guild was not including pg's with the Bluesbird. The 'included' pg's lasted only a short while after the change-over to cream binding/bezels and covered Duncans. Mounted guards were all on the earlier BBs (white binding, black bezels & uncovered, black HBs)

Maybe Hans' new book could definitvely answer this....

Reaction score
LeBlaze....

Thanks much for the Pickguardians web address... I will contact them....