Guild Model 200-S amplifier

dklsplace

Reaction score
There's another thread on one of these not so long ago. Matsickma picked it up for less than half that price from a dealer in Canada.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
We can always trust matsickma to have his finger on the pulse of the Guild market. I'm betting his collection secretly rivals Guild of Grots! :wink:

matsickma

Reaction score
Well, I certaintly own many Guilds.

Like GoG I have been a Guild Guy since the 1960's. Interestingly when picking up my first electric it was a choice between a T100 SlimJim with 2 Mickey Mouse pickups (like GoG first guitar) verses a Jetstar S-50 with Hagstrom Trem. I went with the solid body S50 and Trem.

GoG and I have a different means to our ends. I own(ed) many Guild guitars so I could explore the variety and differences between the different models. My ultimate objective is to select the guitars that satisfy a particular playing style or sound. I assume that some day I will have a small number of favorites.

On the other hand GoG has a collection that we can all reference for historical purposes-possibly be able to tour and see first hand. I suspect Hans has a similar or more extensive collection, particurly in regards to Aristocrats, Bluesbirds and Jazz bodies. There are others. A gentleman by the first name of Steth often buys mid level and high end Guilds on ebay and he has a large collection. I have met others with very large Guild collections.

I don't think of my Guild guitars as a collection. My favorites will stay but many of the instruments will soon supplement college tuition for my children.

I think GoG has a more nobel goal in mind with his instruments than I do. I was in a mid life stage where it seem like a reasonable plan to used some home equity money to have fun exploring the variety of guitars that Guild offered. I eventually did get buy-in from my wife on this mid life adventure as I showed her guitars were just another form of $ and could be easily converted back. (She didn't like my origional explaination that this hobby was less expensive that a younger Blond :twisted: Naturally it took a while to explain my practical explaination for acquiring Guild guitars as I couldn't get back in the house for a while :x .NOT 8) .

M

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nicely put, matsickma.

I think that GAS is a way better midlife crisis than a Porsche or Harley, and a lot more fun.

It sounds like my collection of toys serves the same purpose as yours, yet is not nearly as vast. An Aristocrat, an F20, and a D55 would complete my exploration. :wink: