Hagstrom Micro-matic Bridge

Down Under

Reaction score
I just brought one off Ebay because I'm missing one saddle off my original bridge. Does any one no about these Hagstrom parts.

Are they a new copy or are they what guild used originally?

I'm just a little concerned because the last time a S200 bridge came up it sold for US$150

The guy I've brought it off had a buy now of $65 and he seems to have sold a few bridges before

Am I being taken for a ride? I don't think so but can anyone help

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Down Under; do you come from a land down under? I understand that's where women blow and men blunder. It's raining heavily here but can't you hear, can't you hear the chunder? Bridge parts: You better run, you better take cover.

Welcome, I can't answer your question but someone else might. Do you know our stalwart Coastie? Suggest you look up all the posts by Coastie99....we need to know if you can carry his bags.

Best regards, J

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm pretty sure that they did come stock on some early 60s Guilds: T-100s and Starfires. As for whether the one you bought is NOS, a vintage original, or a new copy I cannot say. I've seen that seller before and have also been tempted.

Down Under

Reaction score
Just heard from the guy. Apparently they are New/Old Stock from the Guild jersey factory. He had a box of them. So I'm really happy because I've been looking for ages for a replacement.

Still would good to know about this company and why guild used them and not there own?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Cam:

I don't know much about what you're looking for but this looks like what you described.....if the other source doesn't work out.

Hagstrom Bridge

Regards,
J

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi Down Under,

The Hagstrom bridges sold by "bighoneybee" are origional however they are the model for use on early Guilds that have a wooden bridge base and NO Tremer. The bridge for a Tremer do not have the thru holes for the height adjustment screws. The Tremer is designed to have the bridge balance and rock on the two height adjustment studs. The string saddles are compatable between both bridges.

M

Down Under

Reaction score
Wow that's awesome I just love people who know what they are talking about thanks so much. I only need the saddle off it because I'm missing one so your explanation is perfect. I took the guitar to an engineer and it was going to cost $300!!! to replicate the original saddle.

This means my S200 Thunderbird is nearly completely done and now completely original.

Just got to find a case that will fit it. These no chance of finding an original case and any normal case won't fit even a bass case doesn't fit becuase the trem arm gets in the way.

Cheers

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Down Under said:
Just got to find a case that will fit it. These no chance of finding an original case and any normal case won't fit even a bass case doesn't fit becuase the trem arm gets in the way.

Cheers

No good ringing Brian Jones's place to see if he's still got it, either !

matsickma

Reaction score
For a case your best bet is to pickup up a DeArmond case for a Jetstar. Getting a Jetstar case is a bit tough but picking up a DeA Jetstar Bass case is pretty easy. The Bass Place from Arizona sometimes post new ones on ebay for around $40 plus shipping. I have bought a few of these over the years.

If you don't want to wait for an auction you can contact them directly and pay a little bit more at:

http://www.thebassplace.com/cgi-bin/sho ... esult.html

I know these fit perfectly albeit they are a bit long as I am currently storing a 1963 Thunderbird in one.

You can consider another option and pick up a 1960's Guild Polara S-100 with origional case and then sell away the Polara. The 1960's Polara and Thunderbird used the same case.

Good Luck,

M