Katie Melua Europe's call to save the music world

The General

Reaction score
I have been checking out some video's of Katie for several days now and have asked several people if they have ever heard of her. I could not find one person who I asked that has. She was the biggest selling artist of Europe last year. I personally think I'm in love with her. I just have the hardest time trying to find artist that I like. Maybe I'm just getting to damn old (I'm 44)but I have heard many older artist say that music has been in decline for a couple of decades now and listen to hip hop or Britney Spears does not do much to make me feel any differently about that. I have checked out Norah Jones which I really like and Joss Stone which I like to some degree but Katie is like a whole another ballgame. I believe that she may be the best think to come around in a long time. You guys can check her out on youtube. I will leave you a link to a Bob Dylan song that I think she did a really good job on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GzHVgCR1Hw

Some of you may like her and some of you wont. The one other thing I would like to mention is that if you know of an artist that is doing something you really like don't be afraid to post it on our forum. That's how I found Katie in the first place and I'm always looking for new talent I can listen too. These days it seems harder and harder to find good talent.

Thanks,

Martin

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
General,

She's a major find for me to. I'm happy that she got discovered. It's not just that she deserves it, but also that music fans deserve it.

I downloaded and expanded that picture of your dog. He looks so eager and appreciative.

hf