Nightbird in the House!!

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Finally made it safe and sound. Great shape, except the tuners buttons are a little too tarnished. Think I will just replace them. What a nice guitar. I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp, but I'm thinking that has got to go...I don't need 40 watts of Class A in my little guitar room. Friggin thing will blow the windows out.

Looking forward to learning how to play an electric. Certainly a totally different ballgame then acoustics. Might have to go amp shopping this weekend, need a little 5 watt jobbie, thinking Epiphone Valve Jr Combo, or the new Fender Champion 600. Something where I can get some tube tone without anymore permanent hearing loss. Anyone interested in a good deal on a nice Fender Hot Rod Deluxe?

Based on my recent practice sessions though, I don't think any of the Blues Legends have much to worry about for awhile. :shock: :shock: Needless to say when this one rolled in the door, I was meet with mega :roll: :roll: :roll: from the old lady. :lol:

Pics in a day or so.

Peace, out!!!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Geez FNG: with the 'Bird and your 5-watter, you have to be in tone heaven...great-looking guitar!

cj

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think the tone is there somewheres. :shock: :shock: But I really suck at electric. It's hard!! Lots lighter strings and not so easy to be a little sloppy like on acoustic. You can get away with poor technique a lot easier on an acoustic. Been working on some BB King licks with a book and CD, but I just am not a smooth player. But...I'm working on it. :lol:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
FNG said:
I think the tone is there somewheres ... But I really suck at electric. It's hard!!...
Among amateur golfers, taking lessons is sportingly referred to as 'cheating'; I don't know what it's called among amateur musicians but I admire Jeff for staying at it. One difference between he and I is that he's willing to make the effort.

I can play some acoustical guitar but years ago, I got browned off taking clarinet lessons...at least you and Jeff can dream about becoming Ted Nugent but, back in the day, it was Pete Fountain. For him, it might have been "...money for nothing and the chicks for free..." but I doubt it.

In the 7th grade and in hopes of 'getting over', I was having a hard time seeing myself offering to go over to a chick's house and play 'Marching to Pretoria' or 'The Saints Go Marching In' on my 'licorice stick' ... This process might also go a little easier with someone to beat out some chords, more string lube ... or both.

Don't forget to have some fun; with steady chopping downstrokes or Townsend Windwills...loud as you can!!
(E) Out here (B) in the (A) fields,
(E) I (B) fight for my (A) meals
(E) I get my (A) back into my (E) living (B)(A)

(E) I don't (B) need to (A) fight
(E) to (B) prove I'm (A) right
(E) And I don't (A) need to be (E) forgiven (B)(A)

the rest of it at:
The Who, Teenage Wasteland

Best Wishes, cj