Guild Amp Schematics

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Here's a way for all of us to build a Guild amp schematic library. This site: Prowess Amplifiers has a cache of fairly common amp schematics; 230-odd Fenders, 90-odd Gibsons and, yes, Mad Dog, 12 Magnatones as well as links to other stuff. It also allows uploading schematics in .pdf, .jpg, and other file formats.

Finding schematics for Guild amps can be #%!@. I uploaded the several I have: T1 RVT, J100, Thunderbass (2-tube preamp) and Thunderbass (4-tube preamp) and suggest that any of us: Don, John K, Mike, JP, Howard, Colin, and anybody else who has Guild schematics upload them to this site - create the most complete collection of Guild schemos at one web address. Schematic Heaven's fate tells us that nothing lasts forever but if we all dump there, then we can find and save as many as we might want if or before Prowess Amps collapses. Of course, we can always:

Suck wind if no one has one,
Pay $15 ea to a service if they have one,
Get in touch with FMI/Guild (............'tick tock' Music from Jeopardy goes here............)"

They don't have a category for 'Guild', I put my stuff in 'Miscellaneous' and just so John K, Colin, and Graham don't get their feelings hurt, they have a copy of this well-known tone machine: Canadian Noname which, next the time it snows here, I'll check out.

How about it?

cj

dklsplace

Reaction score
...suggest that any of us: Don, John K, Mike, JP, Howard, Colin, and anybody else who has Guild schematics upload them to this site - create the most complete collection of Guild schemos at one web address.

Do you mean upload them to LTG, or the site you mentioned? I can upload a number of file types here & have some things I want to upload to the Tech shop area already. That'd be great to have that as an additional resource here!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Do you mean upload them to LTG, or the site you mentioned? I can upload a number of file types here & have some things I want to upload to the Tech shop area already. That'd be great to have that as an additional resource here!

Well, I meant there because I didn't know you had the capability here. Tech Shop ... you mean the BB Forum? How?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
dklsplace said:

Hi Don; email sent w/ 4 schems; J100, T1 RVT, 2- and 4-tube preamp Thunderbass.

Regards,

J

ThunderCat

Reaction score
Great site! Canadian amps are great! I have a Thorcraft Cobra which has made by Hank Thorkelson. He made radios and class A amps in the late 60's.

I have an old Kent cabinet with a schematic on the inside I will carefully try and take it off to scan. It looks like a cool amp..El84's with a 5y3 rectifier.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
ThunderCat said:
Great site! Canadian amps are great! I have a Thorcraft Cobra which has made by Hank Thorkelson. He made radios and class A amps in the late 60's.
A couple of nice review at: Harmony-Central Thorcraft Was just funning about the 'Canadian Noname'...sorta :wink: Lots of interest in the older Yorkville / Traynor amps too.

cj

ThunderCat

Reaction score

john_kidder

Reaction score
I'd be happy to post my schematics, but they're all watermarked by the seller. Maybe I can get clever and return them to the public domain.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
ThunderCat said:
....I got another Canadian combo amp today. Its alot like the Thorcraft. Its a Regal....made by Lifco in Montreal Canada.
6AV6 looks to be in good supply; EL84s?

Congratulations ... my bad, I understand in Canada, it's 'Les Congratulations'

Good one!!

cj

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
john_kidder said:
...schematics ... watermarked by the seller.
If you got it from an on-line service, more likely than not there are terms and conditions that apply to the transaction; for example, you may have promised never to be rude to old people or post the schematic in the men's room on public highways...that kind of thing. If you still have the site's URL, you could revisit it and check their boilerplate; usually in a 6 pt font (least visible) at the bottom.

PM sent

cj

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bump

Fellow BBer RWood was kind enough to forward 3 Guild amp schematics in pdf format for our 'library':

Guild Thunderbass; 2-tube preamp: 12AX7 + 7247, 2X6L6s; pic of BBer ThunderCat's ThunderStar shown below:
TCtstardeck.jpg

Guild Quantum bass; 8417s w/ 6GF7 voltage regulator indicated in yellow: RWood's Quantum shown below:
6gf7-1.jpg

Guild Thunderstar Lead; 7591s, split chassis w/ cable pinouts, 6GW8 reverb operator: power chassis from matsickma's new Thunderstar shown - might be yours Mike!

tbird03.jpg

PM/Email with email address for copies. cj

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Here's a way for all of us to build a Guild amp schematic library. This site: Prowess Amplifiers has a cache of fairly common amp schematics; 230-odd Fenders, 90-odd Gibsons and, yes, Mad Dog, 12 Magnatones as well as links to other stuff. It also allows uploading schematics in .pdf, .jpg, and other file formats.

How about it?

cj

Great idea capn,
I'll see what I have laying about! :wink:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks JP: don't forget to drop a line and post what you load there; will get the new-to-me Guild schemos there shortly for eveyone's use. cj

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well capn,
Looks like all I have is the Model 50-J, from my Aspen Pittman CD of schematics. Hand scrawled at that! Anyone have a cleaner version?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
jp said:
Well capn,
Looks like all I have is the Model 50-J, from my Aspen Pittman CD of schematics. Hand scrawled at that! Anyone have a cleaner version?

Email it to me and I'll redraw it with Paint.net. I've done that with a couple of schematics already.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Default said:
jp said:
Well capn,

Email it to me and I'll redraw it with Paint.net. I've done that with a couple of schematics already.
Will do! Then maybe Mr. Pittman won't get pissed off at me. Thanks, Default!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bump: These Guild amp schematics are now available at http://www.prowessamplifiers.com/schematics/ Prowess is trying to build a pdf library of schematics. If you have something they don't have, you can upload it and they will convert it to pdf. The Guild schematics below are listed in the Miscellaneous category.

1. Guild Thunderstar Bass two-tube preamp / 6L6s. There are two schematics listed at the site; one says ‘two’, the other says ‘2’, only the ‘two’ is correct, the title indicating ‘2’ will return a 3-tube pre-amp schematic. TStar Bass Two preamp tubes / 6L6s

2. Guild Quantum bass 8417 w 6gf7 regulator Quantum 8417s / 6GF7 Regulator

3. Guild TStar Lead split chassis 7591ThunderStar Lead 7591s, split chassis

JP: Prowess has a version of the EA22RVT / EL34 but it’s really not useable but at Free Info, your amp is listed in the index as Gibson EA22RVT EA22RVT at Free Info

Michael: your Gemini II is out at Prowess also Ampeg Gemini II

cj

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
RWood said:
capnjuan said:
These Guild amp schematics are now available at http://www.prowessamplifiers.com/schematics/ cj
Thanks for getting these uploaded, Cap'n. I'd like to send out a note of appreciation to Eric R. for providing xeroxes of two of the above, including the hard-to-find 6GF7 schem. He asked that these be passed on, so pass we shall! RWood
Hi Richard; should have mentioned your friend but passed out of concerns over attribution. Thank you Eric and Richard. J

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Bump:
JP: Prowess has a version of the EA22RVT / EL34 but it’s really not useable but at Free Info, your amp is listed in the index as Gibson EA22RVT EA22RVT at Free Info

cj
Yup, thanks for pioneering capn. As mentioned in the thread,I sent Default the Model 50-J, and he's going to clean it up a bit first before we upload.
JP