Estey T-32

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
My wacky Estey- identical to a Magnatone Model 432. About three watts of fury into a 4 ohm 12" speaker. It weighs somewhere around thirty pounds. :shock: Comes with reverb, tremelo or vibrato and the general impression of a sixties dinette table.
p8200001eo1.jpg

p8200002ik5.jpg

Couple o' my amps and guitboxes.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Default said:
Comes with reverb, tremelo or vibrato and the general impression of a sixties dinette table. No side chairs?

Photobucket is down right now; I think I have a couple of pics of a mid-60s Guild Thunderbird combo; they too were decorated in 'American Dinette'; genuine simulated faux wood-like stick-'em-on stuff and natty metal bands. The burnt umber grillcloth reminds me of carpets seen in dozens of 1970s TV shows.

Ten pounds per watt; if it was 50 watts, would it weight 500 pounds? I had a Fender 75 ('75' stands for 75 pounds) for as long as my back could handle it. Everytime you and Kap'n start talking about Fender tweaks; my back aches thinking about humping that thing on and off the bench; a young man's amp.

eBay prices for 'Maggies' are on the move; what's in the tube lineup? They tend to feature tubes from the 'road less travelled', no?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Normal for the most part, 12ax7's and a 12dw7. The power tube is an ell80, dual pentode type. They probably used the cabinet for the entire product line, but a 200 dollar amp new, should still have more than 3 watts output, even if it's 1966. :roll:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Default said:
...but a 200 dollar amp new, should still have more than 3 watts output, even if it's 1966.
Well, just don't use it at Shea Stadium.... :wink: