Guild Foxy Lady

ThunderCat

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Guild Foxy lady pedal? I heard they are pretty rare. I was thinking of making the two knob version, it looks fairly easy to make. There is the two knob, two tranistor model and the three knob foxy lady which is the same as the triangle, first version of the Big Muff ....I am lucky enough to own a triangle Big Muff. Its great, I turn down the sustain to get a great overdrive sound, or up the sustain for a overdrive/fuzz sound. I am hoping the two knob version would be a raunchy type fuzz.

Heres a link to EH mans' site with some info. on the Guild foxy Lady. Also check out the mystery Guild timbre generator.

http://electroharmonix.ronsound.com/

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That Guild timbre generator was awesome!

Almost as cool as my Guild "Donca-Matic" rhythm machine;

MG10C-1.jpg

The Model# is MG10C-1

Also cool is my Guild Trioct;

Trioct.jpg

I taped the pick-up onto one of my guitars and it works!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
was that Grot?
Think so. Calls the 1st machine a "Donca-Matic" rhythm machine; you reckon that's what it does but in adjustable tempo?

"...Donca Donca Donca Donca Donca Donca..."

Hey Kurt: What does the Trioct do?

cj

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Graham said:
Whoa there, was that Grot?
Indeed it is!

capnjuan said:
"...Donca Donca Donca Donca Donca Donca..."
cj
Capn;

Here's the story on the Rhythm Machine. During bidding somebody bid the hell out of the thing against me. After I won it, I was contacted by a guy in LA who was the other bidder. He asked me if I would let him borrow it to record all the sounds it makes because he was doing research on early rhythm machines. He's the one that told me it was built by Korg. You're exactly right on the donca. When Korg came out with there first rhythm machine, since that was the sound it made they named it that! See here; http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct02/a ... rg40th.asp

Here's a picture of one of their later machines and it looks similar to the Guild, but not enough to just "badge" it as a Guild.
SM-20StagemanDonca-Matic-A.jpg

SM-20StagemanDonca-Matic.jpg

capnjuan said:
Hey Kurt: What does the Trioct do?

cj

The trioct works the same as a modern octave pedal. For all you acoustic guys, what an octave pedal does is synthisizes (sp) octaves below the note you play on the guitar.

Where as you just plug your guitar into the octave pedal, the Trioct required you to mount it's special pick-up to your guitar. (Much like a later day guitar-synthesizer). The three sliders on the unit control the amount of each octave added.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
As ever Kurt, really cool stuff. Thanks for the Korg link; a well-written history of their gear. cj