another S-100 bridge question

brunning

Reaction score
how much does your S-100 bridge rock forward and back?

does it cause you tuning/intonation problems if you happen to pus the bridge forward or back while you're playing?

has anyone fixed the bridge into place in any way?

Reaction score
What year is your S-100? I've never experienced any rocking back and forth of a bridge on a Guild. Mine have always been very secure and stationary.

brunning

Reaction score
it's a 1974 S-100 with the original roller bridge.

the posts thread into the bridge and then drop freely into the ferrules.

the problem with mine is that the posts don't fit tightly in the ferrules and can rock back and forth.

ave del noche

Reaction score
Hi Brunning...a little bit of wiggle room on these bridges is normal, but with the down-force of the strings tuned to pitch, it shouldn't be wobble around too much. If it's excessive, you could always wrap a bit of tape around the post before putting it in the ferrule.

Also, I just realized I hadn't emailed you the blueprint for the saddles yet. My apologies. I'll try and remember to do so this weekend.

danerectal

Reaction score
outside of obviously destroying the value of said bridge, would it be beneficial to cut down the threaded posts. on my 1970, they stick out like a sore thumb at a hand model convention. I'd much rather have shorter screws custom made, but I live in Fargo, ND.