s-100 owners, don't be fooled

danerectal

Reaction score
don't get fooled. if you have an early 70s s-100/s-90, don't fall for the old "oh, my -ibson/-piphone case fits fine." It's plainly not true. I tried my 1970 and my 1973, and both of them stick out of the case and squeeze at their shoulders. When I set my 1976 in, it acted like the case was made for it. check the neck joint. If the fretboard sits right on the body, your s-100/s-90 will fit. if your fretboard is elevated from the body, don't waste your money.

Reaction score
So what is a proper case for, say, a '73 S-100, one that would be widely available?

danerectal

Reaction score
monark said:
So what is a proper case for, say, a '73 S-100, one that would be widely available?

A vintage S-100 case. :mrgreen: Seriously though, I've yet to find a good aftermarket option. Even the '90s reissue Guild S-100 case is a bit tight on the nut. Squeezes a lot like the "SG" case. I have a TKL generic solid body case that fits the early '70s version loosely, but the guitar tends to slide vertically which makes for stress when the headstock slams against the end of the case. with some padding between the accessory compartment and the horns of the body, you could avoid this annoying problem; but it's not really the best solution.