NEED saddle for adjustomatic roller bridge!

Dreamlander

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 1981 Guild S-60D. When it showed up the saddle was missing off the high E string and there were 2 small nuts locked together on the threads being used as a saddle. So i talked to my bandmate(Danerectal) and it turns out he has a few extra saddles from the guild roller bridge. So he goes to put it on and realizes they are a different thread size! So we checked out 'The Guild Guitar Book' and on page 33 it shows a picture of the 2 adjustomatic roller bridges. On the early ones(1971-1977) the bridge posts sit in the body and are threaded to the bridge. On the later ones(1977-19??) the bridge posts are thread to the body and have finer threads on the saddles. I need a saddle from that bridge real bad! Hans?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dreamlander said:
So we checked out 'The Guild Guitar Book' and on page 33 it shows a picture of the 2 adjustomatic roller bridges. On the early ones(1971-1977) the bridge posts sit in the body and are threaded to the bridge. On the later ones(1977-19??) the bridge posts are thread to the body and have finer threads on the saddles. I need a saddle from that bridge real bad! Hans?

Hello Dreamlander,

Actually, there are 4 different versions of the AdjustoMatic roller bridge:

AdjustoVaria.jpg

Let me know for which one of the bridges you need a roller. I would think the second one from the right (but in chrome). Is that what you need?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

danerectal

Reaction score
I've never seen the first variation. Phillips head screws, huh? My 1970 S-100 (50734) has the newer posts, but was set in the same orientation as the one on the far left. It was placed more perpendicular to the strings as opposed to angled. Is there any other way to tell the difference (saddles, blocks, screws, springs, any kind of marking)? Also, could this be why my posts sit up so high? I still can't believe my saddles didn't work...

Dreamlander

Reaction score
Yes, I need one roller saddle for the bridge second farthest to the right in chrome. If i could get one it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dreamlander

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dreamlander said:
Yes, I need one roller saddle for the bridge second farthest to the right in chrome. If i could get one it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dreamlander

You have mail!

Hans