Alison K and Union Station

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Difficult for me to decide which I prefer, Alison Krause's voice or Jerry Douglas on the Dobro. Nice not to have to choose.

You ever get a chance to see Alison Kruase & Jerry do Graceland don't miss it.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I saw AKUS live a couple years ago in Detroit. Stunning. If they come close by, you have to get see them live. Goosebump stunning.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The most angelic voice I've ever heard. "When You Say Nothing At All" is one of my favorites.

West

RussD

Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree; she does have one of the most crystalline, angelic voices ever. Saw her on a couple of cable shows recently.

Her band reads like an all-star lineup.
Can you imagine having folks that good in the background?

John Stewart told me (and my partner) about recording "Survivors" from "Cannons in the Rain." He heard a high harmony come in on the chorus, looked around and saw a smiling John Denver in the booth. I would've choked! We need a backup band!

Kap'n

Reaction score
AKUS is one of the best concerts I've ever seen in thirty years.

I was fortunate enough to see them in a 20's-30's vintage theater. Oh, my. Best sound ever.

The audience helped with that. A complete hush when they were playing.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
We saw them in a big old Victorian style church right after the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou" came out. Seeing Jerry Douglas was worth the price of the tickets alone. This band is in fact "The Soggy Bottom Boys" of the movie. Did you know Alison put this band (Union Station) together when she was a teenager?

I'm with you, Russ: She's drop-dead beautiful, she has a voice like an angel, and she's one of the best fiddle players in the world. (She won her state fiddle competition at age 14 :shock: )

If you get the opportunity to rent or buy the DVD "Down From The Mountain", you won't be disappointed. It was a concert by all the bands who contributed to the movie "O Brother", held in the Ryman in Nashville. Outstanding :D