buyergw Bid amount hidden until end of auction 9/13/2007 12:32:36 AM
georgiajim Bid amount hidden until end of auction 9/12/2007 11:31:57 AM
oldgravy Bid amount hidden until end of auction 9/7/2007 11:58:40 AM
fandc Bid amount hidden until end of auction 9/7/2007 9:05:04 PM
amazmman6 Bid amount hidden until end of auction 9/7/2007 10:28:26 AM

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Those are cool! I always wanted one. There's even an amp manufacturers that's making a kind copycat model. Slips my mind right now :?: :?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The cleanest copies of these have been running $330-$360 on eBay; complete stock or high-grade recover getting the top dollar. Otherwise they've been $265 - $290. The 'diamond' baffleboard is a tell for original 1/4" masonite baffle board; some of these appear on eBay with a round soundhole; not really sure if the next model series came stock with round or not.

Whatever it is, if masonite and round or diamond like this one, needs to be 1/2" birch/good-grade pine. The seller of this copy wimped out on testing due to 'dirty tubes'; imagine someone selling a car and saying 'I didn't start it because it was dirty thus don't know whether it runs.... :shock:

The parts for the power supply, 3 prong cord, bits and pieces is about $75; about a 2-3 hour job for a tech; done correctly and modest use will not need done again for 15-20 years.

Speaker: if this has original speaker and even if it sounds good, it's considered good practice to replace it. If you ever want to sell it, it's worth a little more with new and old speakers. Memo to file: if you wanted an alnico speaker with a bell, the cabinet isn't deep enough to accomodate without cutting hole in original back or fabbing one; no big deal but not to be overlooked.

Not done yet with you-know-who's but I'll say this; with one of the most efficient speakers available, fresh power supply / baffleboard, and the woody humbuckers of a SFIII, the highs are nothing short of stunning; creamy, smokey, echo-like sustain ...

The several YouTube vids of the 1482 are driving the prices; could have had the pick of the litter last year for $275. Good luck!

cj