hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
hansmoust said:
Since you're interested in Guild history, 'urban legends' and the origin of some more recent Guild stuff, you might find the following 'old' thread an interesting read:

http://www.letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=573

Thanks I got a good laugh (or would that be a Guild laugh) out of it.

Over at the old Dudepit there was a discussion about a '66 SF Bass that someone had painted with white krylon. It did look kind of neat although the owner was able to strip the krylon and recover most of the sunburst.

As for how green was green, I saw my first SF bass, which was also green, sometime around '70 and it was a lighter green than shown here. I also seem to recall the color being called Kelly green but that might not have been an official designation.

Thanks for the chuckle.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Fronobulax; I stopped by the Dudepit; what happened to the front-end pic of the skinhead in combat boots waving his bass around like it was an automatic rifle?

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
You mean him?
harleyflanagan.jpg

Harley Flanagan of the Cro-Mags, an 80's hardcore punk band that managed to completely slip under my radar. I believe someone said the shot was from a gig at CBGB's in NYC and the pictured bass is an early Starfire because the single pickup is in the bridge position.

The Dude Pit and its Guild forum moved from here to here but none of the old content was moved unless someone chose to copy it. I guess Harley got left behind.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yep, that's the 'dude'. He may be a great bass player but man, he looks like something out of a nightmare ... make that a parent's nightmare; that your kid would look like that or you daughter would show interest ... not suggesting that Ginger Baker back in the day, falling off his stool doing his OD thingie, was more socially acceptable but at least he didn't look like someone who'd kick your butt because you'd accidentally made eye contact.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:wink: Wonder what the history is regarding one with red, blue/green and black is Hans? :?: Sort of an eclectic heritage?

West :p

gilded

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
hansmoust said:
Since you're interested in Guild history, 'urban legends' and the origin of some more recent Guild stuff, you might find the following 'old' thread an interesting read:

http://www.letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=573

Thanks I got a good laugh (or would that be a Guild laugh) out of it.

Over at the old Dudepit there was a discussion about a '66 SF Bass that someone had painted with white krylon. It did look kind of neat although the owner was able to strip the krylon and recover most of the sunburst.

As for how green was green, I saw my first SF bass, which was also green, sometime around '70 and it was a lighter green than shown here. I also seem to recall the color being called Kelly green but that might not have been an official designation.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Hmmn, a 'white krylon' starfire bass over at the old dudepit. I wonder who the owner of that fabulous bass could be???
Could it be that such a person might also be a 'bemused observer of the passing parade' here at LTG??

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
gilded said:
Hmmn, a 'white krylon' starfire bass over at the old dudepit. I wonder who the owner of that fabulous bass could be???
Could it be that such a person might also be a 'bemused observer of the passing parade' here at LTG??

Yeah ........ like if there are that many more places where Guild-a-holics can hang out without being laughed at!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
gilded said:

:oops:

Well, yeah. It's is hard to remember which names are on which boards and who reads what where. That said, there was a certain 'something' to the white krylon...