what cabs did guild make?

cosmic erosion

Reaction score
hi there, kinda new here, been lurking. i'm rocking a thunderstar head and matching 1x15 cab. i'm looking to pick up a thunderbass. i was if guild made other cabs besides 15 loaded, maybe a 2x12 or a 4x12 by chance. thanks and hope to post more and get some pics up when i get my head outta of the shop for a recapping. thanks.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Cosmic Erosion and welcome to the LTG BB; I can't answer your question other than to say I haven't seen any stand-alone Guild cabs. We have several serious Guild amp collectors here on the BB and maybe they'll see your post and offer what they can. Several members also own Thunderbass / Thunderstar bass amps; which model do you have? How many tubes in the pre-amp? Pics if and when.

cj

cosmic erosion

Reaction score
hi there, i have the thunderstar bass head with the handle on the side(which i learned on here is earlier? or am i wrong) it's the same model you made the thread about with thundercat's head. it has two 6l6's i believe and two? preamp tubes(one being telefunken). it's been a while since i've seen it. it's been in the shop since june getting new caps. ted weber had to make them by hand i was told since my tech couldn't find the caps it used. who knows. i'm really excited to get it back though. i've had a lot of amps('74 sunn model t, ampeg v4, musicman hd65, etc) and so far the guild that i got to play for two days before i sent it in has been my fav. i'll post pics when i get it back. the cab is the 1x15 that are in the ads on ebay that are underneath the head. i also have a '73 guild m75 in natural with gold hardware that is seriously the best guitar i've ever played. that's how i found the amps, i was/am a diehard sunn fan, until i took a chance and bought the guild. anyway, sorry to ramble and thanks for the warm welcome.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
cosmic erosion said:
... it has two 6l6's i believe and two? preamp tubes...okay, I know the model.. ...the cab is the 1x15 that are in the ads on ebay that are underneath the head. hope someone can help i also have a '73 guild m75 in natural with gold hardware that is seriously the best guitar i've ever played Terrific guitar it is too.
thanks for the warm welcome. Anytime!
cj

john_kidder

Reaction score
Guild also partnered up Hartke to make a 2x10 and 4x10 cabinet for a while, aluminum-coned speakers. I have a 2x10 with reconed (paper) speakers.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
How'z the aluminum, okay?