You can pick your friends...

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
An interesting quote from an old friend of mine:

"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch". :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
dreadnut said:
An interesting quote from an old friend of mine:

"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch". :lol:

Is that what y'all mean by fingerpickin'?

(I play bass, and not very well :? )

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
dreadnut said:
"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch".
- or-

"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose."

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, Cap'n, this was meant to be a more humorous variation of that... :?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Actually it is; I couldn't hold it back ... my brothers and I still crack each other up with it ... you can take the man out of the 7th grade but you can't take the 7th grade out of the man ....

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
At least fer now; wait'll 10 years from now; we'll all have PC cameras and this will take place in real time - see each other yucking it up ... and what they're doing with their other hand .... :oops:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
I don't know I can associate with all this grossness - and to think the people at work object when I go for a good dump - and say "Well, that's a load off my mind" when I return :shock: We'll soon deteriorate into jokes like "What's green and hangs from trees :?: " (A: Gorilla snot.), or "Kleenex lavatory paper comes in 3 strengths - extra strong, strong and urrgh :!: "

Worse still - "what's the difference between a good sh*g and a good sh*t :?: " (A: A good sh*t doesn't want you to cuddle it afterwards :!:)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
I don't know I can associate with all this grossness ... when I go for a good dump - and say "Well, that's a load off my mind" ...
Don't say it then; say: "I just dropped the kids off at the pool". No point in alienating anyone ... :shock:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
As ever; not every thread is a world-beater... this one ... beginning to remind me of a song by Norm Nostril and his Nine Nasty Nose Pickers....

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's the things peple say in all innocence....woman in the office said yesterday "I trimmed my bush last weekend." Had to ask if Brazilian or Hollywood - she said she had been referring to gardening....

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Did she slap you? Here, the employer can be sued for permitting a hostile workplace and possibly you for sexual harassment on account of remarks like that ... although pretty funny.... :lol:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Did she slap you? Here, the employer can be sued for permitting a hostile workplace and possibly you for sexual harassment on account of remarks like that ... although pretty funny.... :lol:

Same here - but they all expect me to be outrageous so I'd probably been slapped if I hadn't said anything :mrgreen:

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
capnjuan said:

Same here - but they all expect me to be outrageous so I'd probably been slapped if I hadn't said anything :mrgreen:
Capnjuan's right. Over here you'd have to keep it to yourself, and be inrageous.