A New Era

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Well guys - now we have a female member - and a Church Music Director as well (Hi Carol) :) I've had to look at the sort of stuff I've been submitting to the forum and decided it is a) Outrageous b) sexist c) not Politically Correct d) often all of these....and probably likely to cause offence to the fair sex :shock: That leaves contributions about music and guitars - but since I know diddly squat about these topics, my contributions in this area are likely to be somewhat limited :(

In consequence I shall probably not be much in evidence in the future. You may find me lurking at the foot of the page as members online, but fear not, I shall be with you in spirit 8)

No doubt Graham will feel equally constrained in posting some of his more inventive artwork. Thank goodness Gary (Coastie) has changed his Avatar - and with luck Don may exclude him completely :lol:

However, as a Last Post - and bearing in mind that ladies do not mind sexist jokes (so long as they are rude about fellas), here is one for Carol:

Subject: To the Smart Women............

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where their
family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking
tired and sombre. "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he
surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at
this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very
risky but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but
you will have to pay for the brain yourselves."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a great length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a male brain, and $200 for a
female brain."

The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding
eye contact with the women, but some actually smirked. A man unable to
control his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask,
"Why is the male brain so much more?"

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire
group, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the
price of the female brains, because they've actually been used."

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
No doubt Graham will feel equally constrained in posting some of his more inventive artwork.
Geez Jer, if I knew you would be affected that way, I'd have changed my name to Winifred long time ago.
UglyBaby.jpg

Carol

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Don't worry about me... I may be a church music director, but it's because I'm full of sin and need salvation!! *S*

I'm a hard drinking, smoking woman who is the daughter of a 30-year Navy man (that means I know how to curse).

I played in a rock band for 14 years -- and have been around the block several times!

SO PLEASE don't let me change a thing. When it comes to "equal rights" and political correctness, it's all a bunch of hogwash.

I could resign from the group and change my name to Carl and rejoin as a guy -- if that helps!

jmhyer

Reaction score
No worries, Carol. Don't change a thing. The way I see it, you probably had a chance to peruse the board enough as a guest...and yet you still decided to join our group. That says a lot.

As for JerryR, don't you change either. I think this group works great the way it is.

Carol

Reaction score
Thank you... I really don't want to be a spoiler of any kind!!

Carol

Reaction score
And after all JerryR -- we both have D35s (but mine is from 1980). That has to count for something!

dklsplace

Reaction score
Well Jerry, you know we have other female members, & being a public forum on the www you have to know a consistent percentage of our daily browsers are women. You know Jeff's fairer half Red is here regularly, & my wife also takes time to read up from time to time. I'm sure that's also the case with other's LTG widows (as someone phrased recently).

I guess my point isn't really a point... but what did you expect? :lol:

Stick around, but remember we know where you live & what you look like! :p

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Carol said:
...I played in a rock band for 14 years -- and have been around the block several times!
Doin' fine Carol. "I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right..." famous saying

Although we gonna have to figure out who goes and gets all those pics of the CNN tower that were accidentally posted by that spammer .......................

Jeepers, I wonder if this means we have clean up the clubhouse...

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks Graham; yeah, that's the one - such a clear pic of Canadiana ... can go nappie now....

Carol

Reaction score
Dr. Izza --

Thanks for welcoming me. Trust me -- I can put up with just about anything!

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I have a slightly different take on Jerry's story:

JerryR said:
Subject: To the Smart Women............

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where their
family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking
tired and sombre. "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he
surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at
this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very
risky but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but
you will have to pay for the brain yourselves."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a great length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a male brain, and $200 for a
female brain."

The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding
eye contact with the women, but some actually smirked. A man unable to
control his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask,
"Why is the male brain so much more?"

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire
group, "It's just standard pricing procedure. After all, do you have any idea how many males it takes to put together a whole brain?."

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Carol said:
Hey guys!

Don't worry about me... I may be a church music director, but it's because I'm full of sin and need salvation!! *S*

I'm a hard drinking, smoking woman who is the daughter of a 30-year Navy man (that means I know how to curse).

I played in a rock band for 14 years -- and have been around the block several times!

SO PLEASE don't let me change a thing. When it comes to "equal rights" and political correctness, it's all a bunch of hogwash.

I could resign from the group and change my name to Carl and rejoin as a guy -- if that helps!

Well - the guy singing the smuttiest song at Bradford on Avon folk club (worse than me) was Ricard - a Methodist Minister (sure I saw him drinking beer as well) :shock: