Case for an S-100?

Reaction score
Does any one know where I could find a Guild case for an S-100? I can only seem to find Guild cases for acoustics on line. Any help is appreciated.

Maxer

Reaction score
Probably not... due to the asymmetrical horns on the S-100.

I think your classic teardrop case will take it... it's not fitted, of course, but it's better than nutt'in.

I have a fitted case that came with my S-100 but I don't know if it's original. It was black with a violet plush interior. I painted the outside of the case way back in the early 80s... looks like some kind of hippie relic from the 60s. Still use it for my Guild, though. Maybe it was the original case.

Reaction score
Hi I can recommend Hiscox cases. The fella I bought my S100 off didnt want to part with the original case but I went into the local guitar shop and they fixed me up with what they called an SG sized Hiscox case. It fits quite well... not a perfect fit but hey it holds the guitar in place... i.e. doesnt move around inside at all... and those cases are like flight cases... you cn stand on it and it wont buckle.

stratolvr330

Reaction score
i have an old s-50 from 64 so its got the most asymetrical horns of them all pretty much. i still have the case but it does fit in the case for my washburn with a strat style body. its a little loose but it works.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hate to say it, but you might have to go for a coffin case.

You guys think you have problems, try finding a case for a Gretsch Astro Jet. :roll:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
danerectal said:
You guys think you have problems, try finding a case for a Gretsch Astro Jet.

No doubt... Who saddled you with a Gretsch??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Um, me?

I actually like it quite a bit. Supertron blade pickups have a lot of bite and mine has the treblebooster that showed up for a couple of years in the late sixties. Bought it for a song back in the early eighties when you couldn't sell a Gretsch at gunpoint. I have a picture of it floating around in the amp thread, IIRC. I have a '72 gent that I'm debating whether I should sell or trade. There's a starfire 4 on the bay from Philly. I asked the seller how they felt about a trade and they wanted to see pics. The only thing that keeps me from dumping it is the condition. It has a tiny nick in the binding and gold plating wear. No scratches at all. So I'm on the fence with that.

I need to post some more gear pics.

danerectal

Reaction score
I always have to kid when someone talks about a not-Guild. :lol:

In all seriousness I'd like to see it. edit: and now I have. It kind of reminds me of a hagstrom crossed with an S-100.