US custom shop Bluesbird or what?

FelX

Reaction score
Hey there.. I just searched through the web and found this guitar, which is described to be a US custom shop Guild from fender era. Please take a look at the pictures and tell what you think? Could it be true or are chinese manufacturers spread the web on guild copies too?

0whRiyc3R6o_v3og5qcZH.jpg

qHO1TF-TykGMZ2E4ZMjIh.jpg

fVCTEaYN4XZw-2mbTBzEr.jpg

5LU40dJkSnuQKBkzc5z_Q.jpg

j8ypTyhaiWo7PTlVz1492.jpg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
FelX said:
Hey there.. I just searched through the web and found this guitar, which is described to be a US custom shop Guild from fender era. Please take a look at the pictures and tell what you think? Could it be true or are chinese manufacturers spread the web on guild copies too?

Hello FeIX,

No, it's not from China! It's not a Bluesbird either though!
It's an M-70 in Seafoam Green from the Guild Custom Shop in Nashville and made in the year 2000.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

guildzilla

Reaction score
One of the LTG members - LeBlaze - has recently been trying to sell one of these in this color on e-Bay. You might try messaging him if you are interested.

matsickma

Reaction score
The M70's are very nice playing guitars. They have Model 2000 Dearmond PUPs so are nice and bright like a Gretsch. They also come in a P90 version model M90. These guitars a very light-lighter than a Bluesbird. The only issue I have with this guitar is the lack of a Bigsby. I have been debating about installing a Guild Bigsby on my black M70. I hate to make an irreversable modification but the lack of Bigsby limit my use of this model guitar.

M

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
FelX said:
For some time now I'm looking for a dearmond pickups equipped guitar.. Has someone tried a Tele-sonic maybe? It has dearmond pickups but unfortunately its out of production :(

I've tried one.. they may be chambered but they are not light. It sounds more Gibson that Fender IMO.

Howard

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Howard; saw the listing of a Super Star amp in your siggie; by any chance do you have any pictures of it? Maybe even a few of the insides? So few around ... I thought I'd ask; if you have some, could you post them in the Guild Amps Forum? I've been trying to collect pics of as many Guild amp models as possible. Thank you, hope all is well. cj