This is kind of interesting

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Limited run Guild M70 -- serial number 9260010.
I don't recall ever seeing one or hearing about them. Harmony-Central reviews claim production between 2000-2001 at Guild's Custom Shop in Nashville right after FMIC buyout. All reviewed examples claim Dearmond 2000s or 2Ks. My first time reading anything about a Guild Custom Shop in Nashville.

Anyone know anything about this or others produced there?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
jp said:
Limited run Guild M70 -- serial number 9260010.
I don't recall ever seeing one or hearing about them. Harmony-Central reviews claim production between 2000-2001 at Guild's Custom Shop in Nashville right after FMIC buyout. All reviewed examples claim Dearmond 2000s or 2Ks. My first time reading anything about a Guild Custom Shop in Nashville.

Anyone know anything about this or others produced there?

Hello jp,

Actually, that's an M-90, which has the P-90s. This one was made in 2000. The M-70 is somewhat different and has the DeArmonds. Not your fault of course!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi Hans,

Is one of the distinguishing features that differ the M90 from the M70, beyond the PUPs, the lack of binding on the top of the guitar? The M70's I have seen have a thin white binding edge on the top of the guitar. The M90 in the auction does not have any binding.

M

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
matsickma said:
Is one of the distinguishing features that differ the M90 from the M70, beyond the PUPs, the lack of binding on the top of the guitar? The M70's I have seen have a thin white binding edge on the top of the guitar. The M90 in the auction does not have any binding.

M

Yup, that's one of 'm!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I see. I have heard of the M-90, I've only seen a couple of examples, though. Had no idea they were Custom Shop jobbies. Are they also chambered?