My dream Guild!

Dreamlander

Reaction score
I just bought my dream guild guitar :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=015

1973 Red S100 Deluxe :shock:

I might have overpaid for it, but i knew i would be kicking myself for years if i would have let this slip through my hands.

Hans i was wondering if you could give me a approximation of how many deluxes were made and how many of those were red. :?:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's a fine looking guitar my friend. Really fine. I saw it a day or so ago & thought the same thing when I saw it; fine looking guitar.

It reminds me of an SG that belonged to a friend of mine, the SG was stolen 20 years ago & he still sick over losing it.

Nice guitar man, congratulations.

DSCF0004.JPG

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dreamlander said:
Hans i was wondering if you could give me a approximation of how many deluxes were made and how many of those were red.

Hello Dreamlander,

Nice catch! Don't worry about the price. You don't find these every day.
I can't give you total figures because Guild didn't keep those kind of records during this period.
Based on what I have seen and what's in my database I would say very little. The majority of the ones I have on file are 'Cherry'. I have one from the same year and it's that dark maroon/reddish finish but it's labeled as 'Walnut' and it has the laminated black pickguard.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Congratulations dreamlander; it's a beauty! cj

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Prices for these are movin' on up; several recent sales well above the +/- $1,000 of earlier this year. cj

BreederCreature

Reaction score
haha I was watching that guy on ebay to see how fast it would go. That's a beautiful guitar with an awesome case to match (I like the purple inside, it'll look great with the dark red finish on the guitar). Don't worry about the price, in time that guitar will be worth waaay more haha. Congrats!

Dreamlander

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I really can't wait to get this guitar home and see it in person. :D

What's next?...... Nothing, unless i see a super deal on something that just needs a little love.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I was slathering over that one Dreamlander. I'm glad a fellow LTGer got it! Congratulations!

Maxer

Reaction score
Wow, she's a real beaut... love the warmth of her look and that Bigsby really kicks. Wotta find! Congratulations, big time.

Now I want another S-100!

Dreamlander

Reaction score
I am having a real test of will right now. I got home last night from 7 days of work in the beautiful North Dakota weather of 25 below with wind chill, I have been thinking about this guitar all week... alot. It just showed up and it is 10 degrees out right now. I know i can't open yet and it is taking all my strength to just let it sit there in the box right in front of me. I think I am going to pull the case out of the box in a couple of hours and then open the case after another 4-5. It is going to be a struggle :cry:.
Pics soon to come. :D

Maxer

Reaction score
I'd be going out my mind with the impatience! LOL

But good on you... best to wait and let your 'new' guitar acclimatize. Congrats once again... I think that it can only go up in value so it's a good investment - but as a guitar you'd just love to play, it's simply fabulous.