And lookie what He dropped off......
Mandy1.jpg

Mandy2.jpg

Sure looks like it belongs here!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Dave: nice chair ..... :wink: make that nice Mando! I don't speak Mando though; make / model? Congratulations! cj

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Jus' a cheapo "Rogue" RM100A......suits me well, as I'm a newbie to this l'il axe. Got the tuning figured out, but stopped at E flat. My 12 bangers are all E flat tuned, as well.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Dr Izza Plumber said:
Jus' a cheapo "Rogue" RM100A......suits me well, as I'm a newbie to this l'il axe. Got the tuning figured out, but stopped at E flat. My 12 bangers are all E flat tuned, as well.
Maybe you can get MandoSquirrel to drive up and show you a thing or three; good going!

kitniyatran

Reaction score
Welcome to the mandolin world; now we'll have to get you addicted to Mandolin Cafe! :lol:

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I love Mandolin Cafe!
It's a great site with lessons, advice, and free mp3's of fabulous players!

Congratulations, Izza! I've only had my mando a couple years. She's a cheapo, too - Carlo Robelli house brand from Sam Ash. (You can see it in the photo link below: Radix de Meus Pacis.) The family got it for me for Christmas, hoping to actually hang it on the wall among the decorative instruments! Anyway, I still suck at it, but the Cafe has been a BIG help! The only song I know is Lukey by Great Big Sea. (Sample it on iTunes)

Good luck with it!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
She should fit you nicely Izza. I think Mark was referring to the song..."Lugey", do you know that one?

West

Reaction score
Dr Izza Plumber said:

Hey, I just bought one of those. Hopefully it's a nice mini-axe.

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Grammy, actually, I haven't been practicing much on the Mandolin. Once the annual madness has passed, I'll have some time to play the little axe. Sure do like the sounds it creates, though!

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
huitzlopochtli said:

A bit tricky tuning the beast, but once it's there, it holds tune very well! Quite decent craftsmanship for the pittance charged for it!

kitniyatran

Reaction score
huitzlopochtli said:
Dr Izza Plumber said:

Another welcome to mando madness!

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to taking it caroling this year. It'll be a bluegrass christmas for sure (12 string, mando, 2 fiddles, and a harmonica :mrgreen: ). And I call myself indian...