parts needed

Reaction score
I just got what i now know, thanks to hans, is a 2002 bluesbird but its missing the creme pickup rings and control knobs

anybody got any or know where i can look

much thanks

knobless in georgia

Dreamlander

Reaction score
If they are just the normal black and silver guild knobs you can usually find them on ebay.
What kind of pickups are they? Seymour duncans?
Either way good luck finding rings(creme huh) like the originals if they are the 3 hole ones. :(

Reaction score
thanks for the info I think i am going to try to make some pickup rings as crazy as that sounds but it can't be as frustrating as trying to find them the knobs who knows

knobs in georgia

Dreamlander

Reaction score
That is if he has p-90's, but i think they are humbuckers not, and having someone make the rings or doing it yourself is sometimes all you can do.

danerectal

Reaction score
Actually Neal, now that I reread this post, I don't think that the BB has pickup rings at all. I guess I wasn't thinking straight when I first read this. They're sunken into the body.

It sounds like you're thinking of a Blues 90. Different guitar. Even if it's a Bluesbird, Seymour Duncan probably won't have rings for you. The pickups have a plate attached at the normal screw hole to accommodate the tilt adjustment feature with two holes on either side. That means Seymour Duncan had nothing to do with the mounting. The plate and rings came from Guild, and as Dreamlander pointed out, you'll have your hands full finding anything, especially cream colored. I can't even get the black ones I need, and they made those for decades before the cream concept materialized.

By the way, if you make your own you should let me know what material you use, I need a pair for my '70 S-100. I'm assuming there will be both laminating materials and shaping involved to get pickup height to a tolerable level.

danerectal

Reaction score
PS the knobs you need to go original are item # 120193711495 on ebay. Just search for that number and they'll pop. I'll warn you, I've watched a ton of these go and they are going to cost you, but nothing's too good for a Guild.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I can't begin to imagine how you could construct anything satisfactory, in anything but wood !

And I think that would look pretty snazzy !

When I got my 'birdie a couple of years ago (ex USA), it arrived with a cracked p/u ring. Couldn't find a replacement anywhere on the 'net, so resigned myself to the fact that I'd just have to live with it that way.
I sent it to the Doctor, 200 miles away to check / adjust, and damned if it didn't come back with a new p/u ring !
He had one among his bits and pieces !

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Dreamlander said:
That is if he has p-90's, but i think they are humbuckers not, and having someone make the rings or doing it yourself is sometimes all you can do.

Okay, now I know I'm going nuts. Actually, when I posted the second I'd only had about two hours sleep! Yes, if it's a BB and not a Blues 90, try SD!

I'm going to sleep now!

Reaction score
believe this or not but here gos i went to the local music store here in athens ga and my friend there called the fender rep and ordered the rings and the knobs, both of whitch have been discontinued but this guy had them

knob and ringfull in ga

danerectal

Reaction score
I could use both bridge and neck pickup mounting rings for the original style HB-1. They should be the same as your Bluesbird. I would take either color, but black would be preferred. If nothing else, I definitely need a bridge pickup ring. Also, if they have a single black knob (tone or unmarked), that would be awesome.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
danerectal said:
I could use both bridge and neck pickup mounting rings for the original style HB-1. They should be the same as your Bluesbird.

Sorry danerectal, but you don't need the same one as nealf9348's Bluesbird! You need the early HB-1 style.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

danerectal

Reaction score
Makes sense with the arched top. I was moreso referring to the screw spacing on the bass side. I would need flat ones that fit the HB-1.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
danerectal said:
Makes sense with the arched top. I was moreso referring to the screw spacing on the bass side. I would need flat ones that fit the HB-1.

No, I'm not referring to the arched top. A recent Bluesbird doesn't utilize the same mounting rings as a '70s S-100.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl