Does this eBay starfire bass have the orig finish?

gilded

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-GUILD-Starfire ... dZViewItem

What do you think?
I can't see very much with the small pics.
I can't see a serial no on the back of the headstock, the headstock face looks very shiny (as in 'laquered over' shiny),
and I don't see any small metal indicator 'dots' that show where the vol and tone knobs are oriented.

Also, it appears to be a mahogany veneer body. Did the blonde starfires come with mahogany veneers, maple veneers,
or both?

thanks, gilded

gilded

Reaction score
danerectal said:
I must be missing something...

Ah, you were. I forgot to put the auction link in........... :oops:

Re-edited to make me look like less of an idiot!

danerectal

Reaction score
I've heard the newer SFII bass had a laminated Mahog body. I think you're right with the refin idea. He says in the description it has had a neck reset. I would guess that's hard to make seamless.

Jahn

Reaction score
I thought they only came in Cherry or Sunburst, so this would be a refinish? Also there is a split coil switch added or something there.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
This lists both a Blonde finish on a maple body and a natural finish on a mahogany body. It looks dark to me but I don't know that I have ever actually seen a natural finish on mahogany.

I'd be willing to suggest the finish is original although the difference between the neck and body does make me wonder.

I see nothing that appears out of period. Although not shown here the mini toggle is most likely the infamous suck switch that makes the tone suck or sucks out all of the treble. Electrically it is a treble cut that only operates on the neck PU.