tube amplifier "blues classic" perfect condition! 1x15inch -

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The "F" word is rarely discussed here. Still, it caught my eye this morning.

Looks adequate. Was I to find one under the tree on Christmas morning, I'd probly be plugging it in pretty quick. *Has to be louder than heck. Minimum 80 miles North.

*Turned the Reverb Rocket up to 4 - 5 last night. Forgot to turn it down when I started practicing bits I can't play. Caused my studio door to be closed & TV volume boosted. :oops:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/505523559.html

010102010210010309200712101d6d4f1ca7bf97b416009ed7.jpg

dklsplace

Reaction score
I'm not certain that it is a Fender. My first thought was a Peavey Delta Blues, but that's not it either. Though much to my dismay, I discovered Trace Elliot is now under the Peavey umbrella. :?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Looks like the Peavey Blues Classic (50w/15" spkr) shown here except the amp logo is gone: UK Band Site But you're right, not alot of the 'F' word although there are a fair number of Fenderistas among the BBers .... interesting, push up the sound and the TV volume goes up eh? Must be wired to the same volume control... :shock:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Peavey Blues Classic (50w/15" spkr) shown here except the amp logo is gone

Peavey, hmm, My bad :oops:

$400.00 price not quite so interesting.

I'd still plug it in Xmas morn.

dklsplace

Reaction score
I had a 1x15 Delta Blues on loan for about a week. Tried real hard to like it & it did have some merit....but mostly characterless & bland. :?

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Peavey indeed. Played one once, some gig where we had to use provided backline - I didn't like it *at all*, and it developed a very ugly "torn paper" scratchy sound halfway through the set. I guess it didn't like its clean channel turned up to the point of breakup?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
FNG said:
http://www.alchemy-theband.co.uk/blues-classic.htm Its a Peavey, I believe. 50 watts is a lotta amp for the house. I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, and it is way too much amp for the back room. Folks seem to really like the Peavey Classic amps..especially the Classic 20/30 series.
Hi Pat; the boyz over on Harmony Central seem to agree w/ you HC Reviews Those writing postive reviews are younger, play out, and want the volume; the older ones crab about the weight (we wouldn't do that....) but several good remarks about the clean channel. 15 watts for the back room suits me. cj

Kap'n

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Though much to my dismay, I discovered Trace Elliot is now under the Peavey umbrella. :?

Nope. Trace Elliott was purchased by Gibson about a decade ago, and all the TE stuff was blown out to make way for the Gibson stuff, similar to the DeArmond blowout about five years ago.

For instance, the Velocette became the GA-15, with a much higher price tag.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hey Kapn; I switched out the 8" Celestion in my Gibson 8-watter for a new Weber sig. alnico; breaking it in now. coming along fine. Also got a couple of 15uf electrolytics to replace the 25uf cathode bypass cap. Will wait a bit more on the speaker and then do the bypass cap. Holding the increase in preamp plate voltage as the last move. Regards, cj

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie said: "Blues Approved" Jeff............

Silvertone 1482 and Celestion Blue. A loud 15(ish) Watts

Got it covered. Came in the post a couple weeks ago. Working a deal as we speak to get mine back on line. Making a decision who to inconvenience ; Friends or Family.

Right now friends are looking more reliable.

210650.jpg
210701.jpg

Meanwhile I get by.

093804.jpg

Kap'n

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Hey Kapn; I switched out the 8" Celestion in my Gibson 8-watter for a new Weber sig. alnico; breaking it in now. coming along fine. Also got a couple of 15uf electrolytics to replace the 25uf cathode bypass cap. Will wait a bit more on the speaker and then do the bypass cap. Holding the increase in preamp plate voltage as the last move. Regards, cj

Sounds cool. Keep us posted!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

dklsplace

Reaction score
Kap'n said:
dklsplace said:
Though much to my dismay, I discovered Trace Elliot is now under the Peavey umbrella. :?

Nope. Trace Elliott was purchased by Gibson about a decade ago, and all the TE stuff was blown out to make way for the Gibson stuff, similar to the DeArmond blowout about five years ago.

For instance, the Velocette became the GA-15, with a much higher price tag.

I knew about the Gibson connection & what had happened. Must be they started back up apart from Gibson & connected with Peavey for US distribution.
http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/ ... 052007.cfm

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
15" speakers are the bomb im my book. Have one in the house now -- a Sewell Wampus Cat (tweed pro type) -- which is my number one amp. Another inbound, an Ampeg Gemini II. Never played that Peavey classic 50 1x15, but have played the Delta Blues. It's usually the speakers that let these amps down. The DBs I've played have characterless Blue Marvel speakers stock. Swap in a Weber Califormia, JBL, Big Ben or anything high efficiency, high quality ... a whole different amp. That's one reason the Sewell is such an imspired amp, because it came stock with a Weber California ceramic paper dome speaker. All the good stuff in an amp can come out when you use the right speaker. Just my opinion. YMMV.