Need an Epi Casady case for a Starfire Bass??

gilded

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,

I'm probably going to wind up with a well-used Epi Jack Casady hardshell case in a two or three weeks.

I have been told these cases work rather well for our much-loved Starfire Basses. These cases are also good for 12 string Guilds and Gibsons. I will, of course, verify that, yea, even offer pics, before I officially offer this case for sale to the Brudderhood of Low Tones.

I'll be able to sell it for $75-90, shipping included, to the lower 48 (not trying to make money, just cover my initial purchase price, plus shipping. I imagine it will ship most places at the $75 figure).

I don't mind keeping it, either, just want to see if there is an interest. PM if you are interested.

gilded

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not interested if only because I have HCSs for all of my basses but I am curious as to what was in it and why it will become empty?

gilded

Reaction score
To satisfy your curiosity, the case belongs to a 'dude-pit-ite' friend of mine. It's carried an original series SF Bass for 20,000 miles. He's getting a custom-made Calton fiberglass case soon and wants to shuck it. If you are familiar with Calton cases, that means he's buying a 25lb case for an 7lb bass; must be Young!

I'm buying a couple of things from him at once (no, not another bass), so the case might as well come to me before I pass it along.

My Calton buying friend and I have been carrying on a conversation since this summer about this case. In the meantime, I thought I was going to lose my rehearsal space and needed a case for my Starfire (the Starfire formerly known as 'Krylon'), both for moving and storage purposes. Accordingly, I bought a second generation Starfire Bass case for way too much money. :oops: Oh, well, sometimes you have to buy 2 cases to wind up with one!

That pretty much sums it up. No, just kidding, I've got more!!

Actually, I wouldn't mind keeping the case, but I've learned over the course of my involvement with LTG, that it's good to pass things along (if you don't need them) to somebody who can use 'em. As I've said before, this is a nice place to hang.

gilded the good-hearted

Jahn

Reaction score
I have that case, that bass, that 12-string semi. the bass fits no prob. the 12-string requires you to hammer the accessories box in the case down so the edge of the box doesn't rub against the neck of the guitar, but then it's cool.