Danny Gatton for Coastie

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Roy Buchanan; king of the Crossroads; bar / nightclub just over the DC/MD line in Blandensburg MD in the early-mid 1980s.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Don't know; it happened in the Fairfax County Jail in 1988. It sort of came and went in the papers and I can't say I remember any 'disposition' however, this is the place to research it; http://www.washingtonpost.com/ Don't know how far back their stuff is searchable; they might charge for archive work. Fairfax is a prosperous, sophisticated suburb of Washington DC. Not the kind of place to cover things up but, if they wanted to, they'd do it better than most.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Coastie one.

I saw Albert at The Cabooze in Minneapolis, and he had about a 50-foot cord so he could walk outside and accost people on the sidewalk while the guitar still screamed inside.

In 1978-79, I waited outside for an hour in -20 F to see Roy. It was well worth it.

Who is that guy with Dr. Feelgood? I've seen him somewhere. I think he's still around.

All I know about Roy's death is that some think he was murdered. I don't know any of the details.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guitarist in Dr. Feelgood is Wilko Johnson.

Also played in Ian Dury's Blockheads.

He's toured extensively with, among others, Norman Watt-Roy. Also ex-Blockheads, and surely known by the bass community here.
I know for a fact that he's currently active, I just can't recall the name of the act.

Here's Wilko's site...............

http://homepage1.nifty.com/wilkojohnson/index_EG.html

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

Thanks for posting Albert Collins Youtube link; my kind of blues.

Way cool ; B flat, 3 chords; Horns should have been a giveaway.

Lessons are payin off, picked along with the tune & enjoyed myself immensely.