Interesting use of HB-1s

danerectal

Reaction score
503185.jpg

more pics here http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1975-BC...ryZ33035QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not too sure what to think of this. I've read these came standard on BC Rich guitars of the 70s. Pretty wild.

Maxer

Reaction score
I like it! Most unusal shape. Not unpleasant, though. I dig the colour and that slick sculpted set neck. I bet that puppy plays like a charm.

Reminds me. Earlier this week I threw out the ruined remnants of my very first acoustic, a 1985 G.C. Rich (hilarious!) cutaway in red burst.... very beautiful guitar and a pretty nice player, despite being a Korean-made (just a rebranded Samick, I'm guessing) guitar ripping off the B.C. Rich vibe, right down to the headstock shape, logo style and even choice of font! I wrenched out a lot of chords on that baby. Alas, a few years ago one of the cats knocked it over - my fault for having become careless and propping it against a wall unattended - and bam, it was game over. A really nasty break in the headstock itself. I just didn't have the heart or stomach to take it in for a repair. It was done. I finally got the nerve to toss it after all this time - I guess moving into a new studio helped in that regard. See ya, Red... you wuz a good one. sniff.

I've never played a real BC Rich electric. That one looks pretty sweet. I like how it's a combination of traditional and adventurous. I'd buy it in a heartbeat but that's just too much dough for me.