Burrrrns Night

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Tonight is Rabbie Burrrruns birthday the noo, and the worrruld over descendants of Scots will be celebrating wi’ the haggis :shock: Of course, the US contingent will have tae make do wi’ the offal free version (nae a lot of ingredients left then) :roll: Instead of trotting oot the same old ‘Chieftan of the pudding race’ or ‘wee cowering timorous beastie’ verses, how about this little known Burrrns gem :?:

Aye but ye should see me in ma kilt,
Wi ma sporran swingin’ free,
I’ts lang an’ white ‘n hairy,
An’ it bangs agin ma knee.
It bangs agin ma knee, ma dear,
An’ there is neer ain doubt,
That I could do a Heeland Fling,
Wi ma sporran hangin’ oot
:mrgreen:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I have has haggis from a couple of local Scottish bakers here. One was very, very good, one was not so very, very good.

The very, very good one I would not hesitate to have again, the not so very, very good one, well, I wouldn't even put it in Jerry's sporran. :shock:

63821ee5.jpg

They make it look very appetizing though, no?

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
I have had haggis from a couple of local Scottish bakers here. One was very, very good, one was not so very, very good.

The very, very good one I would not hesitate to have again, the not so very, very good one, well, I wouldn't even put it in Jerry's sporran. :shock:
The question is whether Jerry would put his sporran in the haggis.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Guildmark said:
Graham said:
I have had haggis from a couple of local Scottish bakers here. One was very, very good, one was not so very, very good.

The question is whether Jerry would put his sporran in the haggis.

Sound more like a New Zealand kinda thing, if they mistake a haggis for a ewe :mrgreen: