Clapton stealing my licks

cjd-player

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nCzUMjCykn8

Personally, I was not impressed. I don't find that very musical. Tricks on a guitar...o.k. it is what it is, but not really somethig I want to sit and listen to.

Guess I'm just getting older by the minute.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
cjd,

That youtuber is a joke. A put-on. Somebody overdubbed the kind of playing you hear at Guitar Center on Saturday afternoon. The clever thing about this tape is that the sound matches the visual: it looks like Eric's actually playing what you hear.

cjd-player

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
cjd,

That youtuber is a joke.
Duh. Like I said, I'm gettin' older (and slower) by the minute :oops: .

Ah, but I never cared much for Clapton anyway (sorry West), which is why I was so easliy fooled :lol: .

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'm really not a huge Clapton fan either, but I really like that one. The boy can play though.

West

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
It's his tone that I don't care for. I'd like to have a sound processor that would make those pups he uses in most of his strats sound like "real" strats.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
I'm really not a huge Clapton fan either, but I really like that one. The boy can play though.

West

I'm in agreement with West here. Clapton is a genuus but often his stuff isn't pretty?

Carlos Santa; now were're talkin. One of those deals where less is more. Listen close & you can hear the gentle sound of panties dropping in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSECQtF58BU

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow - that is a great clip, Jeff. Thanks! One of the best examples I've seen of Santana's "touch".

walrus