new guy... my '57 Guild

Reaction score
I'm new here, and wanted to post a picture of my amp. From what I've read here, I think this is a Guild 100J (Masteramp) from 1957. It has a '57 Jensen P15P and sounds terrific with a Telecaster.

guildamp.jpg

john_kidder

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place. Looks like a fine old Guild to me, but I'll wait for the real intelligentsia here to comment.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Dave and welcome! Pretty cool amp; if you need it but haven't found it, schematic: Guild Master/100J amp From eBay not too long ago?
Are you soldering iron-enabled or rely on tech for support? Again, welcome; browse, post, enjoy! cj

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Hi Dave and welcome! Pretty cool amp; if you need it but haven't found it, schematic: Guild Master/100J amp From eBay not too long ago?
Are you soldering iron-enabled or rely on tech for support? Again, welcome; browse, post, enjoy! cj

Thanks for the schem. I wonder how this amp changed over the years. I actually don't see a J100 designation on this one, but others on this board refer to the 15" Masteramp combo as the J100.

This amp was on eBay before Christmas, but I bought it directly from the seller after the auction ended. I had been looking at it since before he listed it. It's a long story, but UPS damaged the amp in shipment. Luckily, it mostly damaged the glue joints on the cab. I recently re-glued the cab and the thing is working great.

I'm "soldering-enabled" but I've been limiting myself to guitars and effects so far. I'm studying up on amps at the moment, though. I have a champ-style circuit in pieces (a buddy I know tried to build the amp and didn't succeed) that's ready for me to work on once I find the time.

My other amps are a '69 Bandmaster Reverb (in a custom 1x15 combo cab), a '76 Fender Bronco (Vibrochamp), and a '55 Gibson GA-6.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Welcome Dave. Dandy amp! Member matsickma has a 100J & I'm sure will chime in here soon.

A year or so ago I was looking at potential designs to take on a DIY project. I came across a schemo for a 100J somewhere & we talked about it here on the forum. I'll do some digging & see if I can find it.

quick edit, here's the thread mentioned above.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=305

Yet another edit, here's the schematic.
http://schematicheaven.com/bargainbin/guild_j100.pdf
found on this site
http://schematicheaven.com/bargainbin.htm