America - Ventura Highway X2 with follow up questions

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Take 1

Take 2

In the first one it looks like a maple guitar, could be the lighting I know. Was there a G shield 6 string maple, dred?

The second one, again must have been the lighting but not until the very end did it look like rosewood, so must be a D-55 right?

dklsplace

Reaction score
I dunno Graham, I'm seeing rosewood in both.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Both D55's I think, but I WOULDN'T bet "The Lazy B" on it. Mark, if I lost, where would you visit?

West :D

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Dang, I hadn't thought of that!
"Never bet more than you can afford to lose!"
Never want to lose a place to visit friends!

'Course, I don't think I lose the bet, either. :D

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
What's this I hear about you and Mrs. West talking on the phone again? This is beginning to sound suspicious. :p

West

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
What's this I hear about you and Mrs. West talking on the phone again? This is beginning to sound suspicious. :p

West
This time she fat-fingered the dial! I'm innocent. And I'm still reeling from the suspicion of padding my expense account to cover the mileage to Longview. :( So, I'm not sure I should even mention that I'll be back out here for two whole weeks beginning President's Day! (I'll be bringing a guitar on that trip!)

magicslim

Reaction score
Graham said:
Take 1

Take 2

In the first one it looks like a maple guitar, could be the lighting I know. Was there a G shield 6 string maple, dred?

The second one, again must have been the lighting but not until the very end did it look like rosewood, so must be a D-55 right?

Hello Graham,

I think it's the same D55 with rosewood back and sides. Sure on the second video because I have the DVD also year 1974. To 14 years old I remember when I'm listening "Ventura Highway" on Homecoming LP for the first time. I've said to my guitar player friends what is this acoustic guitar ? I love this guitar sound. We played and singing Riverside, Tin Man, Sister Golden Hair, Don't cross the river, Lonely people...

At time no video and not american music French TV programme. It's only after a few years I've discovered the mark of this guitar.

Listen the guitar on video 2, the sound is taking by a microphone in front of. To my opinion the best solution to keep the most real sound of the guitar.