Early Guild Master 60 Amp on eBay

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
About as pretty and pristine as the come: pictured and ID'd on page 46 of of Hans' book along the left side. Auction Link Here Gabby auction text but with few details.

guild66.jpg

dklsplace

Reaction score
Had that one in my watch list from day one. Nearly forgot about it! Any idea what size speaker is in that?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The safe guess would be 10" but there's probably enough height/width for a 12". Public domain schematic indicates 2X6L6s running near 385 volts. Hard to believe anyone would go to that much trouble and put an 8" speaker in there.
Hand-drawn schematic Apparently the seller's 'research' excluded actually looking at the amp; you know, stuff like measuring the speaker or looking at the tubes. :evil:

matsickma

Reaction score
Masteramps of this period typically have a 12 inch speaker. Sometimes you'll find them with a 15 inch. There is even a hi fi model that came with a pair of tweeters!

M

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
This auction looks like it crashed or was ended early; unlike the T1 RVT, no winner listed.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oops, Oh yeah I forgot. The seller e-mailed me and said that ebay cancelled his auction as there was something fishy with the last minute bidder that out bid me. I think he's going to re-list it.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Good luck; it's the best-looking small 'box amp' to show up in quite a while; reached the low $600s or so?