1979 S300D

Reaction score
I'm new here,so I figured I'd make my first post a good one. I just got this one a couple of weeks ago.....a 79 S300D.
She plays really nice.........been wanting to snag one for a long time. As you can probably see,it has it's fair share of
battlescars.....but then again,so do I!! :D The imperfections are limited to the finish though. Structurally and functionally
it's a real solid axe.....especially for it's age.

By uberthrall

By uberthrall

By uberthrall

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
Hello uberthrall,

Welcome! Nice one! I like a black finish on guitars!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Thanks Hans. I really do love the stuff Guild produced. Particularly the S300's........they really are quite overlooked
by and large. I couldn't believe my good fortune on this one. I got it for a measley $396 off the bay......while I was
in the parking lot of my work no less!! I had a friend on the phone doing the bidding for me on this one. I've seen
these go for twice that price recently. As a matter of fact,there's an S300AD on there now with an opening price
of $900!!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've always had this strange attraction to odd looking guitars that play and sound great.
Welcome to the board! Breedercreature will probably be stopping by to compare hers with your guitar.

Reaction score
Default said:
I've always had this strange attraction to odd looking guitars that play and sound great.
Welcome to the board! Breedercreature will probably be stopping by to compare hers with your guitar.

Thanks for the welcome. I've always liked the offbeat stuff too. I look forward to seeing hers as well. When I first
came across this forum I did a search for S300D's thinking I'd find a slew of them. I was pretty surprised to see
that wasn't the case.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't think they sold a whole ton of them. It's a good guitar, just ugly by the standards of the time it was made.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG uber and it's time for a thread veer.

I always thought Gerry Cheevers had the coolest mask, long before they became a piece of art.

05-Gerry-Cheevers-Mask.jpg

Kewl site here that sells replicas.

Terry Sawchuk's. I just cannot imagine this today.

03-Terry-Sawchuk-Mask.jpg

Reaction score
When I was a kid during the Orr and Esposito era Bruins,Cheevers was a god to me. I'll never forget when he jumped
to the WHA........sad day. I've seen that site,it definitely is pretty cool. I always liked this one when I was a kid

By uberthrall

Doug Favell during his run with the Flyers. I miss the old masks.......as well as the toughness that left the game.

Reaction score
Default said:
I don't think they sold a whole ton of them. It's a good guitar, just ugly by the standards of the time it was made.

Yeah,I remember a few of the music stores having them around here back then. It seemed they stayed instore for years.
Myself,I always liked this body style. For whatever reason,the white ones looked especially nice to me.

BreederCreature

Reaction score
Default said:

Here I am! I also love the way the s300 looks (the s70 as well). They sound great too!

Welcome uberthrall! As default mentioned, I have a s300D as well. I have it in white, but the finished has aged quiet a bit and I had been using it as my main guitar for a few years, so its condition is not nearly as nice as yours. You got an awesome deal on that guitar too!

Here's mine, I don't have very many pictures of it for some reason (this is at least 2 years old haha):
guilds-1.jpg

Have fun with it!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's my '77;

1977cS-300AD.jpg

I bought it from some guy who left it out in an unheated garage for a few years.
It was really ugly but it cleaned up fairly well. I think I paid $150 for it about 10 years ago.

And then we have it's cousin, the S-70; (1980)

1980aS-70A.jpg

And then the '79 'hog one that's near mint;

1979bS-70D.JPG

Here's a related thread for the lovers of "Taco Bell" guitars.
http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6155&p=61436&hilit=taco+bell#p61436

Reaction score
Well I see that there are in fact a few of the 300s here. Thanks for the welcomes,I appreciate them.
Breedercreature.I absoulutely love your white one!! As I mentioned for some reason these guitars
always appealed to me.....particularly in white,that one is definitely nice!! GOG,I like the s70s too.
I found one several years ago in the back of some crappy music store I was moonlighting in. It was
in a closet in the back room,in a state of total disrepair. I weaseled it off the owner for practically
nothing thinking I'd take it on as a project. Then a few months went by and I remebered I'm pretty
useless when it comes to doing any tech stuff!! :D I ended up flipping it on the bay. I hope the guy
who got it manged to bring her back to life.

Horuss

Reaction score
Volt said:
Nice guitars! They look somewhat familiar. :)

Here are my Guild 1978 S-300 and my Guild 1975 D40 cutaway. I bought both of them new.

MyGuilds01.jpg
Welcome, Volt. Your S300 is a beautiful color!

Volt

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes.
I'm not entirely sure of the color, whether it's called cherry or burgundy. It plays great. :mrgreen:

Edit: I found out that the name of the finish of my S-300 is "Cherry".

Reaction score
I love these guitars. I always play a guild d25 acoustic. It was my dads from 60s and i love it and developed a love for guild. I discovered its quality after playing other guitars and never playing an acoustic up to its standard of greatness. I never cared about electric guitars but i knew i needed to get one at some point in my life. So i looked on ebay and i think it was my first day of searching and I saw it- the guild s300-d in mahagony. The second I saw it i knew it was the guitar made for me. It was such a powerful feeling. OVERWELMING! The shape!!! WHAT A BEAUTY! SO UNIQUE! SO i researched it and got my facts and was super impressed by its functions and capabilities. HOW GLORIOUS!

FelX

Reaction score
I found a nice looking S-300 selling here in Europe for a pretty nice price (550€) in beautiful sunburst color. I only have photos because I'm too far away to pick it up myself. Do you think it's a decent buy?

wppHMVah3CoE4we667Z-h.jpg

CRK6UVWPTEelSi13XZSK1.jpg

wK67Mf16ziA6CBVt1cSQB.jpg

_8_DI1hYnS0-bOERmSkWX.jpg

o22fNN7YvsVjGH8lBXCXZ.jpg

p97MTwuNMepR05yyBj44Y.jpg

This is it ;)