Ladies and Gentlemen

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Live....On Stage....First Appearance In Over.....uh.......Ever (Nah, he dazzled us in Arlington)! From the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, that enormously talented Singer Songwriter. Friday, March 21, 2008. Only at Ninfa's!

SCRATCH!

Seating by availability ONLY! But you'll be happy to stand for this one. Tickets will go fast, so hurry.

http://yellowpages.ksat.com/Ninfa--27s+ ... .home.html

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Ladies and Gentleman

You guys are awesome; I need the votes of confidence. The pressure, the pressure!! So much to learn. I'm practicing each night; never played with a microphone or through an amp before, so that is kinda scary... I have a small bedroom amp; that will have to do. :shock: :roll:

How much should I pay people to clap?

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

I hope you don't make a "spectacle" of yourself! :wink:

Go for it and don't forget to have fun!

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

I think you'll find, Ken, that listeners like to show their appreciation .... or pity. So encourage them to ease their consciences. This is a simple diagram of my "gratuity receptacles".

TipsJars.jpg

The small one meets the minimum requirements of the Troubadour Guild, Balladeer Brotherhood, and Busquers Union. The others are to provide the audience the freedom of choice so vital to consumers everywhere. :wink:

Feel free to adopt this strategy if you wish. I have found it effective. Be sure to "seed" the receptacles with visible legal tender, just so they will be encouraged and not confused. I'm sure they are going to fill your "hat" with cash once they hear you! Encourage only cash or negotiable bonds. Avoid checks, IOUs, and motel keys. :oops:

Do nought but smile if your granddaughter extracts anything from the receptacles during the gig to get herself a root beer. Keep a cudgel handy if Bubba tries to do the same thing.

You'll do great, Scratch!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score

You mean I was supposed to be paying you all this time :?: :shock:

West