Marshall AS50R

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Late to be asking because I just bought one off eBay, but can anyone provide some feedback/thoughts on this amp?

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I've seen two local guys playing coffee house gigs with that amp alone, for both their guitar and microphone. 50 watts was plenty. Tone was clear and the digital effects were not distracting. Nice little kit for a small gig, especially if you have only a small car. :)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Late to be asking because I just bought one off eBay, but can anyone provide some feedback/thoughts on this amp?
Hi Scratch; neat amp! Chorus, reverb, other feautures including some anti-feedback engineering. Depending on how much bass you like and if the 8" speakers are matched - and not crossed over like a 'stereo' speaker - you may find that the bass lacks body or punch. Chances are that the amp will have an 'aux out' so that, if you thought you wanted more bass, you could patch a 1X12" speaker cabinet on with no problem. Turn it up! cj

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
capnjuan said:
Hi Scratch; neat amp! Chorus, reverb, other feautures including some anti-feedback engineering.
What do you recommend, cj, for an acoustic amp the prohibits and in fact quashes all negative feedback? :shock: :wink:
Hi Graham; I don't think I can answer your question. Amp's like Scratch's Marshall are a lot more complex than the stuff I fiddle with and I don't follow the newer generation acoustic amps. I think I understand how it's done but I don't know which make or model might do it better than any other. cj

Carol

Reaction score
Hey Scratch -- this is what I use... really awesome for both my Guild and my voice... the effects are excellent. You're going to love it...

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome feedback everyone. Special thanks to Carol for the user review.

I'll put it to the test on March 21st, hopefully. I'm such a rookie at this. Don't even know what settings I should use etc. Crank it up to 11?

Hope to use it for voice and instrument amplification. Any more tips?

Thanks agin ya'll...

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Graham said:
capnjuan said:
Hi Scratch; neat amp! Chorus, reverb, other feautures including some anti-feedback engineering.
What do you recommend, cj, for an acoustic amp the prohibits and in fact quashes all negative feedback? :shock: :wink:
Hi Graham; I don't think I can answer your question. Amp's like Scratch's Marshall are a lot more complex than the stuff I fiddle with and I don't follow the newer generation acoustic amps. I think I understand how it's done but I don't know which make or model might do it better than any other. cj

If people start jeering, can I turn up the anti-feedback? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Eh .... yes; it has a feature that cranks out the :oops: noise telling the crowd how you feel about them telling you how they feel about you ... self-cancelling like 'white noise' ... sort a ... :lol:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Scratch said:
Eh .... yes; it has a feature that cranks out the :oops: noise telling the crowd how you feel about them telling you how they feel about you ... self-cancelling like 'white noise' ... sort a ... :lol:

That's what I meant. :shock:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Graham said:
capnjuan said:
Scratch said:
That's what I meant. :shock:
Doin' my Jacks now ...

Carol

Reaction score
Just go ahead and set it up and play with it a bit... you'll want some nice reverb on your vocal -- and perhaps some chorus on your guitar... mess about with it until you get a sound you like.

You should have a foot switch that comes with it so you can switch the vocal reverb off if you have to talk. You don't want to talk into a mic with reverb -- nobody will be able to understand what your saying. You'll want to practice that a bit so you get comfortable and remember to turn it off and on...

Good luck on your gig!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Graham said:
I need to play with my amp a bit. :shock:
Mine weighs 36 pounds...
You talkin' Roadie here? Call me, reasonable rates .... that isn't too bad ... some of the combo tube dinosaurs run 75-90 lbs.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Scratch said:
Graham said:
I need to play with my amp a bit. :shock:
Mine weighs 36 pounds :oops: :roll: :shock: ...
You talkin' Roadie here? Call me, reasonable rates .... that isn't too bad ... some of the combo tube dinosaurs run 75-90 lbs.

Oh, those amps. Yeh some o' dem are heavy... :lol: 8) :wink: :shock:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Heavy .... Heavy? I bought and sold a Fender 75 a little over a year ago; weighed a pound a watt ... needed a forklift to move it ..

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm an amp rookie. The other night I experienced a loud hum each time I tried to plug the guitar into acoustic channel one. When I switched to mic/aux channel two, it went away. I have much to learn... What am I doing wrong?