James Taylor

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sittin' here watching James Taylor play/sing one of my favorite tunes on PBS... Sweet Baby James. Takes me back 35 years... one of the first songs I learned on my Guild. Haven't played it for years. Time to bring it back.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Taylor is one of those guys that.....well, we saw him about 3 or 4 years ago, and he sounded better in person than on any CD or album I'd ever heard of his. Tremendous performer.

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
An Evening With James Taylor

Chateau St Michelle Winery; July 21, 22

" General Public On Sale:
Tickets on sale Monday, March 3
10:00 am
Tickets will go on–sale to the general public Monday, March 3rd beginning at 10:00 a.m. through ticketmaster.com, "

Sold Out !!! Both shows, by 1:pM, I know this because that's when I got around to ordering tickets :cry:

Lcolumn_concerts.jpg
james_taylor.jpg

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
On the surface his songs seem to be playable, but all of the subtleties and nuances he puts into them take them way out of my league. I could listen to his stuff for days though.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Graham said:
On the surface his songs seem to be playable, but all of the subtleties and nuances he puts into them take them way out of my league.
Never said I could play it like him! D

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bingo, Dave!

I received JT's "One Man Band" for Christmas and am continually stunned at the subtleties. And even when I watch the video and stop it at various points it's hard to tell what he's doing so I can try to emulate it. Bu I will keep trying. This album is just him on guitar with a piano accompanist. I've been comparing these performance to earlier recordings, and I like these MUCH better!